A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

I've been off the site for a while, friends.  What are the realistic chances of TRF4 doing 300 in China?

Well E.T did $359M in 1982, and China is a bigger market now than the U.S was back then. So it's certainly possible. But it has to open ridiculously big this weekend to have a shot at it. 

• Like 2

Early Friday showtimes

TF4 61%

The Breakup Guru  23.4%

Malef  7%

Godzilla 2%

EOT 0.6%

will update 12 hours later, TF4 share should drop a bit ,and malef/godzilla will increase.

Early Friday showtimes

TF4 61%

The Breakup Guru  23.4%

Malef  7%

Godzilla 2%

EOT 0.6%

will update 12 hours later, TF4 share should drop a bit ,and malef/godzilla will increase.

Can Maleficent even manage 10m with those showtimes?

Wow, but people are still calling $40-45m the ceiling? Is Transformers going to bulldoze it that bad? :wacko:

Probably :/ The only thing that can save Malf this weekend is maybe counter-programming angle but I'm not sure if that applies against such broad-demo hit like Bayformers franchise is in China :( I guess there's at least some chance for couple more millions. DOFP, Zilla, EOT and everything else it total toast this weekend

Probably :/ The only thing that can save Malf this weekend is maybe counter-programming angle but I'm not sure if that applies against such broad-demo hit like Bayformers franchise is in China :( I guess there's at least some chance for couple more millions. DOFP, Zilla, EOT and everything else it total toast this weekend

From early data over at entgroup.cn, Maleficent has only 6% of total showtimes on Friday, TF4 has 64%. Godzilla has like 2%, while I'm guessing EoT has around 1% or less. DOFP is already out of cinemas.

DOFP's China total on BOM $116,490,000

Rank Movie Title Distributor Gross Release 1 The Monkey King n/a $167,840,000 1/31 2 X-Men: Days of Future Past HuaXia $116,490,000 5/23 3 Captain America: The Winter Soldier China Film $115,620,000 4/4 4 Dad, Where Are We Going? n/a $111,870,000 1/31 5 The Amazing Spider-Man 2 China Film $94,430,000 5/4 6 The Man from Macau n/a $84,570,000 1/31 7 The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug China Film $74,730,000 2/21 8 My Old Classmate n/a $73,050,000 4/25 9 Godzilla (2014) HuaXia $69,070,000 6/13 10 Need for Speed China Film $66,240,000 3/14

What in the world is The Monkey King.