A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Lol, watch the estimates come in under 200M tomorrow. TA2's run has been all doom and gloom from day 1. I just hope China bucks that trend and starts with a bang, I'm counting on you China.

Me 2

Chinese firm sends 6,400 employees on French holiday :P

A Chinese company has paid for 6,400 of its employees to go on a four-day holiday to France.

The biggest tour group to visit the country was welcomed in the southern resort of Nice on Saturday.

Tiens Group president Li Jinyuan booked up 140 hotels in Paris and more than 4,700 rooms in Cannes and Monaco for their trip.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-32677965

P.s Should send all of them go to watch AoU too.  :lol: 

_82888589_837678e9-1b29-4523-9bd6-55cebd

Edited by Johnny's wife

F7's was on a Sunday right, while AoU's is a Tues? What day was T4's?

Friday. Trans4mers' huge run is the reason they're scheduling these openings on random days

• Like 2

China completely failed to prevent FF7's huge boxoffice run. Let's see what tricks they use to keep AoU down... :ph34r:

They ended up helping it by moving TA2 to May 12th. TA2 has clear 2 weeks so by that point 80-85% of it's total should be made. 

• Like 1

China completely failed to prevent FF7's huge boxoffice run. Let's see what tricks they use to keep AoU down... :ph34r:

I thought China typically has a 5.5/6-day work week with Sat pm and Sunday as the weekend?

They ended up helping it by moving TA2 to May 12th. TA2 has clear 2 weeks so by that point 80-85% of it's total should be made. 

I dont agree with “moved” part. AOU was never scheduled for May 1st. SARFT would never allow any major hollywood blockbuster to open during a holiday weekend. Even furious 7 did not open during easter weekend.

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 22m22 minutes ago

'Avengers: Age of Ultron' took in an estimated $4.25M from midnight screenings in China #Avengers #AgeOfUltron

It went down a bit.

Lol just like domestic.

edit: I just checked Weibo, nothing is posted so this isn't actual. 

Edited by druv10

I dont agree with “moved” part. AOU was never scheduled for May 1st. SARFT would never allow any major hollywood blockbuster to open during a holiday weekend. Even furious 7 did not open during easter weekend.

That's fine but they ended up putting TA2 after FF7 ended it's run. They were trying to protect their local movies instead gave a free run to FF7.

Edited by druv10

BoxOffice ‏@BoxOffice 22m22 minutes ago

'Avengers: Age of Ultron' took in an estimated $4.25M from midnight screenings in China #Avengers #AgeOfUltron

It went down a bit.

I don't think official stats have been released so all estimates now...plus it could also be a function of exchange rates for these margins of error.

Friday. Trans4mers' huge run is the reason they're scheduling these openings on random days

It was a kneejerk from not just T4 (mainly but not just) but most of 2014 blockbusters.  Both X-Men:DOFP and Cap 2 benefitted from Friday bows and had holidays they straddled past (Ching Ming for Cap, Dragonboat for X), the Bureau removed these holiday bows to protect the local films that flocked to them this year...after these two AND Jurassic World, I don't think they'll love the shortfall they suddenly find domestic films are under, I think there might be 2 months of blackout during Summer AND head to head duel's like before with Bat vs Spidey in the cards...

• Like 2

Entgroup currently has AOU midnight number at 28.6m ($4.6m): http://www.cbooo.cn/movieday

Final number should be closer to 30m when all theaters have reported.

Maoyan's not-so-accurate or rather inaccurate real time box office (updating every 30 minutes) report: http://piaofang.maoyan.com/#pageCont=ticketContent

AOU is at 124m by 11am, including pre-sold tickets through the rest of the day.

Tuesday should be over 200m, easily.

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 7