A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

10 hours ago, thomas-peters said:

time raiders did already 900 mill so with the international screen dates he will make bill and half i think...:unsure:

It should be around 945-960M when 2 big hlw movies come out next Tue. 1B is still ok. 

Btw, L.O.R.D next Oct will be huge consider Time Raiders bo is doing pretty good despite its bad wom. Both are fan-driving movie. 

Saturday Numbers:

The Line Walker 44M/441M

He's a Dragon(Russian) 16.3m/31.1m

Love O2O - 15.8m/217m

Time Raiders - 16.2m/927m

The Crew(Russian) - 8.9M/17.2m

SLOP 8.35M/367M

Born in CHina -5.8m/37m

• Like 3

Can anybody tell me what competition Fantastic Beasts will face in November/beginning of December? I'm guessing WB will manage to get it to open either on the OW or a week later. They did that for all late Potter movies. Is 100m possible? What about 150m (assuming, of course, the movie will have Potter-like quality)? 

4 hours ago, James said:

Can anybody tell me what competition Fantastic Beasts will face in November/beginning of December? I'm guessing WB will manage to get it to open either on the OW or a week later. They did that for all late Potter movies. Is 100m possible? What about 150m (assuming, of course, the movie will have Potter-like quality)? 

Only 2 movies are scheduled for November right now, way too soon to call.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, James said:

Doctor Strange and Billy Lynn would have a great chance to release in the same day with North America’s date.

• Like 2

Monday Numbers:
The Line Walker 19.8M/501M

Time Raiders - 9m/953m

Love O2O - 8.8m/240m
He's a Dragon(Russian) 8.1m/53.5m
SLOP 3.85M/380M
The Crew(Russian) - 3.65M/28.8m

Jason Bourne MIdinghts 4.3M

IA5 midnights about 1M

• Like 5

4 hours ago, picores said:

What total is aiming Bourne with that OD?

no new competition this Friday. assuming WoM is at least average, it should get to 450-500m by the time STB opens next Friday when it'll lose 65% of its screens. It could get to 600m+.

Edit: Tarzan and Slop were able to 9 and 10x their Tuesday ODs with big screen loss and competition 3 days later. These should both get to 10x+ without screen loss/competition this weekend

IA5 500m+

JB5 660m+

Edited by No Prisoners
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, No Prisoners said:

no new competition this Friday. assuming WoM is at least average, it should get to 450-500m by the time STB opens next Friday when it'll lose 65% of its screens. It could get to 600m+.

A much needed bump for Bourne if that prediction comes true. Right its WW is unimpressive, below $300M. With China, Bourne could hit closer to Ultimatum's WW.