baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

All I said is "Only "A+" asures great legs.", which doesnot mean movies didnt get "A+" cs cannot have good legs.

Plus, 3x multiplier is not that impressive at all for a 30M opener imo.

You need to consider the genre of the film. Plus A+ doesn't assure GREAT legs. Remember HP: CHAMBER OF SECRETS?

This is the first time I've noticed the general weakness of the box office compared to the early 00s on a weekend basis. This is a good weekend, but it will still end up roughly 4-5m tickets behind 2002 and 2003. I know it's hard (impossible) to reach those heights again, but it still brings me kinda down.

Edited by lab276

$4m below Fink. What did I tell you people. It's Bond.Anyway, what saddens me, is the very mediocre, shitty holds for the other movies.Fucking American box office. Still as pathetic as ever. And yes, like lab, I am referring to the growing number of non-attendees.

According to the $80m thread, you predicted $65m. You should be going crazy at how it's wildly exceeding your expectations.

That was the old prediction, my last update was 80M I think: http://forums.boxoffice.com/index.php?/topic/11-weekend-predictions-november-9-11/page__st__2500#entry512669Though in my mind, I thought even sub 100M was possible.

$4m below Fink. What did I tell you people. It's Bond.Anyway, what saddens me, is the very mediocre, shitty holds for the other movies.Fucking American box office. Still as pathetic as ever.And yes, like lab, I am referring to the growing number of non-attendees.

2012 is comfortably ahead of 2011 in ticket sales. That gap will widen more. You should be happy.