baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

With such a huge portion of Skyfall's audience leaning male and over 25, I really don't see Twlight having a big effect on it next weekend. They can coexist with such widely different audiences.

Regardless it's a given that quite a few of us will be sucked/dragged into watching this. :lol:

With such a huge portion of Skyfall's audience leaning male and over 25, I really don't see Twlight having a big effect on it next weekend. They can coexist with such widely different audiences.

Still. It should drop over 50%

Are you sure? ;)I am gonna get a bit crazy here and say..... 45M 2nd weekend!!

I am never sure..But its going up against a monster with only 3500 theaters and no crazy screencount..Holding it under 50% would amaze me

I'm thinking 53-57%. Highly doubt it's going to hold better than TBU even despite the time-of-the-year difference. On the other hand, over 57% is closer to 2012/QoS territory, and Skyfall is better than that. Right now I'd say $40m is exactly where it'll end up next weekend.

• Like 1

Skyfall should also be more front loaded. It had a very big rush factor to this 1. Plus it has Twilight to deal with. 55% drop minimum.

55% I see as the maximum.Also 75% of the crowd was 25+ for Skyfall. So twilight isn't exactly a direct competition. Also, the OD sellouts for BD1 may benefit Skyfall. Edited by Fake

Skyfall should also be more front loaded. It had a very big rush factor to this 1. Plus it has Twilight to deal with. 55% drop minimum.

It increased on Saturday from a $32m Friday. Maybe I missed something, but I wouldn't describe that as people rushing out to see it.

I think that Friday to Saturday increase also indicates that Friday itself might have been deflated a bit, perhaps due to the poor WOM from QoS (attendance was about on par with QoS's OD). The increase on Saturday was pretty strong (especially relative to CR and QoS), and that's due to strong WOM kicking, counteracting the deflation factor from Friday. Essentially, its just another indicator of what we already know to be very strong WOM.

Edited by spizzer

It increased on Saturday from a $32m Friday. Maybe I missed something, but I wouldn't describe that as people rushing out to see it.

I think you are missing something. It had 4.6 mill from midnights and IMAX, that is rush. I don't see why this is so hard for some to see. It's the biggest opening Bond, it's up against a 140-150 mill opener, it just happens that when one film dominates the marketplace, others fall. This will be no exception.