baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

Line isn't long, yet the show is sold out?Did everyone forget to come today? lolAbout 100 people on the line.TDKR had 400 people on the line 2 hours before show time. I've never done theaters on Sunday.

Line isn't long, yet the show is sold out?Did everyone forget to come today? lolAbout 100 people on the line.TDKR had 400 people on the line 2 hours before show time. I've never done theaters on Sunday.

TDKR made 1.5X what Skyfall did OW and it was in the summer.

How could anyone say this was bad for Skyfall? I mean sure adjusted it's not much more than Solace but it's still huge. It's killing it overseas also. I think this is a great opening for Bond and shows that the Bond Brand is one of the most iconic brands in movie history. I have to give Wreck it Ralph props, it's really doing well. I don't think "Flight" drop was bad at all, Denzel is clearly one of the most consistent draws in Hollywood. He gets his base out and this will get close to 100 Million. "Taken 2" haters, it has held very well, sure it won't beat Taken 1 but it basically held serve and made up more overseas. What can I say about "Argo", it's legs are doing great and all you 5x multiplier folks were correct. Overall pretty good weekend to start November Next week is going to be good too. I didn't get to see Skyfall this weekend but I will watch it very soon. I'm a huge Bond Fan but I was very busy this weekend. Solid weekend overall.

• Like 1

I don't think anyone is saying this is bad for Bond. When there was a possibility of it going under 80 mill, then people were saying it was bad.....but not with 90.

Where do you think it's headed? $250-275m?

2.5-2.7X. so I guess the ceiling is 250. But I'm going to say 235-240. Edited by Breaking Dawn baumer

So do y'all think Skyfall has a decent shot at $300m?

If you averaged the multipliers of CR and QOS, then applied it to Skyfall, it would end up with just over $300m. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but its definitely possible.

If you averaged the multipliers of CR and QOS, then applied it to Skyfall, it would end up with just over $300m. I'm not sure how feasible it is, but its definitely possible.

But CR was in 2006, BT....BEFORE TWILIGHT. And it opened to 40 mill, not much of a rush factor. Skyfall will be frontloaded and it has BD2 to contend with next weekend. IMO, a 3 multiplier is impossible.Check out another giant jump in a franchise and this is what I think Bond will emulate:http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=fastfive.htm

Since Avatar, these are the only films that did and could have managed over $600m despite 3D:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - $660mPirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $802m (without 3D, it would have still been in the low-to-mid 600s)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - $953m (without 3D, it would have done low 800s) low 3D share even for overseas standardsAvengers - $891m (without 3D, it would have still done mid-to-high 700s)The Dark Knight Rises - $632mIce Age 3, Ice Age 4, Toy Story 3, and Alice in Wonderland are the films that hit $600m because of 3D. And...Transformers 3. Yes, even with a $771m overseas gross, its 3D share was so much higher than any of the films mentioned above.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 2

I still don't understand the love for Raimi. Mostly everything he's done is shit. There, I said it. ASM was better than 2/3 of his Spider-Man movies, and don't get me started on his other films.

this is like your opnion man.Raimi has the creativity that lacks in Webb, the first hour of ASM sucks terrible compared to SM1
  • Like 1