baumer

Weekend #s Bond 90M Lincoln 900K Ralph Flight good holds

IMO, Raim's best film and most creative is Evil Dead. But look at some of his smaller films....The Gift and especially A Simple Plan, the man can direct suspense and I love him for it.

• Like 1

It would need a 3.4x off the OW gross to hit 300m. I don't see that happening.I say it ends around 260-280m

That's north of a 3X with Twilight coming in next weekend. Not going to happen.

Can we keep all these weekend numbers in one thread? It's getting annoying to see all these threads popping up -_-

I haven't quite figured you out yet? Are you being funny or are you being obtuse?

IMO, Raim's best film and most creative is Evil Dead. But look at some of his smaller films....The Gift and especially A Simple Plan, the man can direct suspense and I love him for it.

I never realized Raimi did A Simple Plan. That is a great film, saw it on the big screen too.

I hadn't realized until now how weak of a multiplier QOS had. 2.5x for a holiday film is pretty terrible.

IMO it was kind of a letdown after CR. but Skyfall seems to be a different story. Don't know if 3x is in the cards especially with BD2 coming up. Let's see how it holds up.

Since Avatar, these are the only films that did and could have managed over $600m despite 3D:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 - $660mPirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides - $802m (without 3D, it would have still been in the low-to-mid 600s)Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 - $953m (without 3D, it would have done low 800s) low 3D share even for overseas standardsAvengers - $891m (without 3D, it would have still done mid-to-high 700s)The Dark Knight Rises - $632mIce Age 3, Ice Age 4, Toy Story 3, and Alice in Wonderland are the films that hit $600m because of 3D. And...Transformers 3. Yes, even with a $771m overseas gross, its 3D share was so much higher than any of the films mentioned above.

Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D share was 60% opening weekend . Totally standard,. You are failing to account for the fact that 3D shares go down every week after week due to other 3D movies opening mainly. So many of these films would have still grossed higher than what you claim they would have Edited by John Marston

Deathly Hallows Part 2 3D share was 60% opening weekend . Totally standard,. You are failing to account for the fact that 3D shares go down every week after week due to other 3D movies opening mainly. So many of these films would have still grossed higher than what you claim they would have

60% on opening weekend for a huge tentpole overseas isn't great. I think it probably finished with around a 45% 3D share. So, DH2's overseas gross would have been around $820m-$830m.