#ED

Estimated Wknd Numbers - BD2(141.3M) Skyfall(41.5M) Lincoln(21M)

135 is below expectations but it doesn't sound as bad when compared to BD1. I think that is only thing keeping me from melting down.

135 isn't as bad as it could've been but it certainly throws a huge wrench into my predictions. I had it at 147.

Not to get into another whole TKS/TSN deal again.... but for me TKS hit a batting practice pitch for a homer, and TSN hit a 94-mph slider for a triple (which for me is much more impressive). TKS took an appealing story and shaved the slightly-darker (and more dramatic) aspects off it, though it was very well made and entertaining. TSN took a more ambiguous story and then made the characters even more challenging; not to mention it was essentially a movie about writing code, stock options, and legal depositions. And yet, it too was tremendously entertaining.

But at the end of the day the movie didn't stick for me. I saw it a few times when it came out and now I can barely remember much about it, aside from a few witty lines and delivery from Eisenberg. And I felt Fincher was trying to encapsulate what an entire generation was about and he didn't really succeed on that front. Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

Fully expected $150M 3-day.To hit $125-$135M is... only disappointing considering how big the earlier films did and the finale factor this had. Color me shocked.

Lesson learned for everyone. Finale factor is only relevant when a franchise shows significantly bigger potential in the past. Potter and Star Wars both showed a lot more potential earlier in the franchise, which explains why there was a significant increase for their finales compared to their immediate predecessors. DH2 also had 3D, which meant an automatic 10-15% boost over DH1. Starting with New Moon, the Twilight films always open around $130-140m and finish around $300m total. Been that way for 3 films in a row with zero sign of bigger potential.
  • Like 2

Lesson learned for everyone. Finale factor is only relevant when a franchise shows significantly bigger potential in the past. Potter and Star Wars both showed a lot more potential earlier in the franchise, which explains why there was a significant increase for their finales compared to their immediate predecessors. DH2 also had 3D, which meant an automatic 10-15% boost over DH1. Starting with New Moon, the Twilight films always open around $130-140m and finish around $300m total. Been that way for 3 films in a row with zero sign of bigger potential.

Getting bigger maybe not, but dropping off continuously? You'd at least expect it to equal BD1.

Yeah, I really don't see how not at least matching BD1 can be called anything but disappointing for it.

I'd agree with that. With New Moon and Eclipse around $300m, BD1's $281m total would be a pretty big disappointment for BD2. But at the end of the day, these films are extremely profitable. Look at the James Bond franchise. We're all amazed when a Bond movie can open to $90m, but it also cost a ton of cash to make compared to the Twilight flicks.

Nikki numbers are finally inBD2 are over both Skyfall and LincolnSkyfall is between BD2 and LincolnAnd Lincoln strong but under both BD2 and Skyfall

Also Lincoln is outperforming any movie with George Washington in it so that's good.