RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

I'm kinda amazed that a niche movie like Hugo got a 170M budget

Graham King has trouble saying no to people like Martin Scorcese but I totally agree and think the audience got very lucky with that film–we literally got a $170m art house film which is unheard of. I'm very happy that happened! To see that much money put towards a passion project instead an over-stylized previously established property is literally an anamoly. What a great film though...
  • Like 1

http://boxofficemojo...12-11-23&p=.htmSome 3-day projections-BD2: 43m (-69.5%) (10.57k PTA) Skyfall: 35.8m (-13%) (10.15k PTA) Lincoln: 26.2m (+24.5%) (12.98k PTA) Rise of the Guardians: 22.9m (6.27k PTA) Life of Pi: 22.3m (7.68k PTA) Ralph: 16.4m (-11.7%) (5.03k PTA) Red Dawn: 14.2m (5.22k PTA) Flight: 9.5m (+8%) (3.6k PTA) Silver Linings Playbook: 4.2m (11.4k PTA)Argo: 4.1m (+1.3%) (3.27k PTA) Is this the first weekend with five movies over 20m? Edited by Gopher
  • Like 1

Really hope ROTG can hit a massive multiplier to at least get close to its budget. I know the studio will still take a big hit but it I saw the film yesterday and I geniunely think it is one of the best animated films in years. The 3D was absolutely gorgeous and I thought Jack Frost was one of the best protaganists in a children's film that I've ever seen. I also feel like this is an equally good film for boys and girls which tend to skew a bit more female in both message and content. It basically felt like a holiday live action blockbuster translated into animation. Hopefully the A Cinemascore is reflective of legs to come.

• Like 2