Rthmessiah

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

The funnier part is that SKYFALL will outgross TASM.....in some days......without 3D. :rofl:

That says more about Daniel Craig and his first good Bond film in 6 years than it says about TASM. I think Bond has always had the potential to make this kind of money, but either the product was substandard or followed a substandard film. Skyfall followed QOS, yes, but this is the first time the franchise has let enough time pass between editions to allow people to forget about the faults of the last one. Plus, CR was so good, it continues to bring in new converts.
  • Like 3

I think having the biggest artist in the world do your theme song boosted Skyfall

I doubt all the 25 year old + males flocking to see the movie know who Adele is. The movie isn't doing that well with 14 year old females. It is the marketing aimed at older males that is bringing people to the theaters.

I think Bond has always had the potential to make this kind of money, but either the product was substandard or followed a substandard film. Skyfall followed QOS, yes, but this is the first time the franchise has let enough time pass between editions to allow people to forget about the faults of the last one. Plus, CR was so good, it continues to bring in new converts.

Skyfall was beating the "big change" drum which helped it overcome negativity from QoS. Also, it stirred clear of being a direct follow-up to QoS which helped the matter enormously. It`s easier for standalone movies to overcome turkey installement than for arc movies where you know that garbage will roll over or at least be addressed in the next.Finally, it`s a damn good story and characters. Instead of focus on style (girls, gadgets) it gave us substance thus making Judi Dench the most profitable Bond Girl ever. :lol:
  • Like 2

I doubt all the 25 year old + males flocking to see the movie know who Adele is. The movie isn't doing that well with 14 year old females. It is the marketing aimed at older males that is bringing people to the theaters.

Im confuse by this. Who do you think is Adeles market? She is popular with all ages and im sure 90% of males going to this movie know who she is. Her market is not 14 year old girls at all.

Hiring Adele was all part of the plan to steal girls away from Twilight. Bond 24 will add the glittering vampires.

Bond 23 proved that it can hold its own against glittering vampires so much so many around here give it a bigger chance to reach $300 mio. All that w/o romance and characters skewing younger (Wishaw`s Q notwithstanding). Averige age of Skyfall cast is well in 40s yet the movie`s playing well with teens and women. Edited by fishnets

Plus the song didn't burn up the charts like her previous three hits from 21 did (all three singles hit # 1). In fact, Skyfall is literally Adele's least successful single to date, not even reaching the top five (peaked at# 8) and only spending one week in the Billboard Hot 100's top ten.

Hiring Adele was all part of the plan to steal girls away from Twilight. Bond 24 will add the glittering vampires.

I hear Craig is being asked to grow his hair so he can gel it up in that ridiculous Edward Cullen way that girls seem to like for whatever reason.