RthDeadWov

Weekend#s BD2 $43.1M/$227M, Skyfall 36/221.7, Linc 25/62.2, Rise 24/32.6, Pi 22/30.2, Ralph 16.8/1

That says more about Daniel Craig and his first good Bond film in 6 years than it says about TASM. I think Bond has always had the potential to make this kind of money, but either the product was substandard or followed a substandard film. Skyfall followed QOS, yes, but this is the first time the franchise has let enough time pass between editions to allow people to forget about the faults of the last one. Plus, CR was so good, it continues to bring in new converts.

without 3D. :rofl:
  • Like 1

Im confuse by this. Who do you think is Adeles market? She is popular with all ages and im sure 90% of males going to this movie know who she is. Her market is not 14 year old girls at all.

Adele's demographics is mostly female and most of them are between the ages of teens and 30s. I am mystified that people can't see the obvious here. It was a huge worldwide marketing effort that used London Olympics among other things to target (mostly males) action fans and it paid off. Nobody pays 10 bucks to see a movie just because their favorite singer is on the soundtrack.

I hear Craig is being asked to grow his hair so he can gel it up in that ridiculous Edward Cullen way that girls seem to like for whatever reason.

Craig doesn't have enough hair to do that. ;)

Why are people comparing Skyfall and TASM? Other than the fact that they share the same production company, they have little in common. Different demographics, different genres, different seasons. I can do that. Skyfall is no TDK. It doesn't come close, blah blah blah. Both Skyfall and TASM are successful films, one is just easier to hate than the other, regardless of their quality.

People tend to forget that the Raimi trilogy was ridiculed by many on the internet. SM2 was the only one people were even close to unanimous about(but even it had its online detractors). It wasn't until TASM was announced that people started deifying the entire trilogy. SM3 went from pure crap to "at least it's better than TASM". This is "retconning" history at its finest.

I guarantee TASM will hold up better to historic scrutiny than SM3, and it even has a slight chance at holding up better than SM1, depending on how well the second and third are received.

/rant

People tend to forget that the Raimi trilogy was ridiculed by many on the internet. SM2 was the only one people were even close to unanimous about(but even it had its online detractors). It wasn't until TASM was announced that people started deifying the entire trilogy. SM3 went from pure crap to "at least it's better than TASM". This is "retconning" history at its finest.

I thought only SM3 was ridiculed? Also, "at least it's better than TASM" is a perfectly fine statement to make. SM3 may be pure crap, but ASM is a bigger log.