The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

23 members have voted

1. 1. Grade The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

BD1 is incredibly faithful to the book and it is easily, imo, the most intense of the Twilight films to date. There were times, even though I have read the book, when I was on the edge of my seat. Bill Condon makes some interesting choices here and he handles some of the delicate and touchy moments very well. The imprinting is at least explained somewhat and the conflict between Jake and the other tribe members is very interesting and artistically well done. One thing that was missing in the penultimate film was the Volturi and for that I felt it lacked a bit. They could have written them into the movie even if it was just a scene or two. Aro's reaction to the wedding would have been priceless. I also found the honeymoon scene to drag just a bit. But those two complaints aside, I found BD1 to be exhilarating and incredibly intense in many scenes. I really need to commend Kristen Stewart as well. She looked absolutely stunning in the film and then when she needed to look gaunt and emaciated, she pulled it off beautifully. Overall this is probably my 2nd fave of the series after Eclipse.9/10

BD1 is incredibly faithful to the book and it is easily, imo, the most intense of the Twilight films to date. There were times, even though I have read the book, when I was on the edge of my seat. Bill Condon makes some interesting choices here and he handles some of the delicate and touchy moments very well. The imprinting is at least explained somewhat and the conflict between Jake and the other tribe members is very interesting and artistically well done. One thing that was missing in the penultimate film was the Volturi and for that I felt it lacked a bit. They could have written them into the movie even if it was just a scene or two. Aro's reaction to the wedding would have been priceless. I also found the honeymoon scene to drag just a bit. But those two complaints aside, I found BD1 to be exhilarating and incredibly intense in many scenes. I really need to commend Kristen Stewart as well. She looked absolutely stunning in the film and then when she needed to look gaunt and emaciated, she pulled it off beautifully. Overall this is probably my 2nd fave of the series after Eclipse.9/10

Nice.. Eclipse was my favorite of the 3.. So I'm pumped.

I liked it the first time, but I liked it even more the 2nd. I noticed more and enjoyed a lot of the nuances that i didn't catch the first time. Maybe it's because last night i watched the special features on Eclipse and one of them was a 6 part documentary on all the work that went into making Eclipse. I think it made me more aware of the Twilight universe.

I saw the film last night. I felt the first hour or so of the movie dragged a bit as there were plenty of lingering shots every so often. It is here that I'll say, I'm not much a romance person so that could by why I found the first half to be a little slow. I'm sure most Twilight fans will feel differently about these parts. The score was a bit off putting for me as well and didn't seem to mesh right with the sequences, however my opinion on this could change upon a second viewing. (I'll wait to view it again when it comes out on Blu-Ray) I thought the acting was pretty good in this one including Robert, Kristen and Taylor. I've read many reviews that don't think much of Taylor's performance but I thought he handled the scenes well personally. The effects they used on Kristen to make Bella look emaciated during the pregnancy were really good and managed to convey the state of her situation extremely well. There was however one silly scene involving the wolf pack that I thought seemed out of place in the movie. I think it would have served them better to have used a different technique. Though I'm in the minority, I thought the film really picked up when Bella and Edward returned after their honeymoon. These were the more interesting scenes in the movie for me - minus that one wolf pack scene. There wasn't too much action, but I don't think it was really required in this first part. I thought they did the ending quite well with the birth scene. I knew it would be from Bella's point of view and considering this was a pg13 movie, I think they did the best they could with that sequence. Overall I think I would give the film a B+.

The last 20 minutes or from when Bella goes into labour is actually amazing. Everything leading up to it bored the hell out of me but this is the best Twilight film just for how well Bill Condon handles the ending. Also he's always been a great actors director, and as a result the three leads easily give their best performances of the series so far.And I loved the last scene and it's promise of more Michael Sheen for the last one :DC

Edited by CoolioD1

I thought the wedding was enjoyable whenever Pattinson wasn't around. I found the speeches funny (especially from Anna Kendrick), and I loved the scene where Bella dreams that everyone she loves is dead and hurt in a pile of bloody bodies. Unfortunately, for the next hour, if not slightly more, it becomes really boring. The only somewhat enjoyable scene during that slog of a middle act was when the wolves were talking. But the last fifteen minutes are absolutely great, and one of the best sequences in the series. Final shot was expected, but perfect.

C

Edited by Noctis

the movie has only good thing (very good actually), the makeup of bella when she is weak and you know a movie sucks if ONE MAKEUP are the only good thing you can say about itthe most boring of twilight series, indeed, the movie could be summed up in less than 30 minutesFTwilight SeriesNew Moon6.0 CEclipse5.5 CTwilight4.0 DBreaking Dawn - Part 11.5 F

Edited by Goffe Rises