Gopher

Weekend Estimates starting pg 10

That's the dumbest thing I've heard in a while. Complaining to a movie theater employee about the suckiness of a movie. People who do that can shampoo my crotch. Btw, is this customary in the States (the complaining, not the shampooing part)?

Edited by Don Niam The Stingray
  • Like 1

I wonder if such people would try to return a DVD to the store because the film was bad too?The only time in the UK I've seen complaints and refunds over a film was Matrix 3, but that was because the sound cut out for 2 minutes half way through so I feel that was a justified complaint towards the cinema.(Although saying this, I only ever watched it that one time and for all I know it was some really experimental scene where everything in the matrix goes silent due to the will of Neo or something.)

Killing Them Softly would have been a great 2h 10min movie, but unfortunately it had been chopped to shit in the editing room.It's not a bad film, but it could have been much better. As it is, its just not that remarkable.

Nope.I wish more people were as understanding as this. I have seen hundreds and hundreds of movies and never once asked for a refund because I didn't like the movie.I will not give refunds or passes to someone who doesn't like the movie. Not my fault or the theaters fault.

Friday I had a bad experience with Skyfall, but not because of the movie itself. The screen had a very annoying, huge blop of sparkle looking stuff on the center-right side of the screen. It looked like either the screen was torn or the projector was dirty. This was digital projection, so I'm not sure if it's even possible to have that kind of issue with a digital projector.I didn't even think of asking for my money back, but I did seriously consider asking to talk to the manager so I could complain about it. To charge $10 to watch a film and be distracted the entire time by something like that is not cool at all. The main thing that concerned me about it is that they are only showing the film on this one screen, so if I want to see it again I'll have to put up with the same crap all over again. Not to mention other moviegoers who choose to see this film are going to have to deal with it too.
  • Like 1

KTS is a good movie, not great, but decent. People are close-minded. They went in expecting an action film, it wasn't, so that pissed them off because they're ignorant fools.

If the film wasn't marketed as a "talky" picture and the trailers showed action, why are people "ignorant fools" if the film turns out different than expected? I enjoyed Drive, but certainly understood some people's disappointment when the actual movie was something other than was the preview promised.
  • Like 1

Friday I had a bad experience with Skyfall, but not because of the movie itself. The screen had a very annoying, huge blop of sparkle looking stuff on the center-right side of the screen. It looked like either the screen was torn or the projector was dirty. This was digital projection, so I'm not sure if it's even possible to have that kind of issue with a digital projector.I didn't even think of asking for my money back, but I did seriously consider asking to talk to the manager so I could complain about it. To charge $10 to watch a film and be distracted the entire time by something like that is not cool at all. The main thing that concerned me about it is that they are only showing the film on this one screen, so if I want to see it again I'll have to put up with the same crap all over again. Not to mention other moviegoers who choose to see this film are going to have to deal with it too.

Why didn't you take it up? The problem could've been fixed.

Why didn't you take it up? The problem could've been fixed.

I might talk to them about it the next time I'm at the theater. Just ask them if there is a permanent problem with Screen 5 (ie actual damage to the screen) or if it's something they can easily fix by cleaning either the projector or the screen. Either way though, they shouldn't be charging full price for that screen if it's a permanent problem.
  • Like 1

If the film wasn't marketed as a "talky" picture and the trailers showed action, why are people "ignorant fools" if the film turns out different than expected? I enjoyed Drive, but certainly understood some people's disappointment when the actual movie was something other than was the preview promised.

Exactly, in the tv spot theres like rock music playing and an explosion going off behind him in the background.

Friday I had a bad experience with Skyfall, but not because of the movie itself. The screen had a very annoying, huge blop of sparkle looking stuff on the center-right side of the screen.

Might be water or some other fluid somebody threw at the screen, can result in sparkles.Something similar happened this year when I watched "Cave of Forgotten Dreams" (the Herzog cave-painting documentary); it was an arthouse theater and obviously the screen had been damaged and afterwards patched; it was only a small scar and probably invisible in 2D, but in 3D the faulty patch really stood out. They do very few 3D films there so I guess nobody had noticed until then.