Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

Reviews have started to pour in...80% start as of now..Variety and HR looks negative while cinemablend extremely positive.

So it looks like everybody will hate the movie except the fanboys online that were predestined to like and overhype the movie since it was announced...

The brand new Pacific Rim.

Most of the negative reviews praise the film as being beautiful to look at, but totally lacking the emotional power that "Pan's Labyrinth" had.

I am beginning to wonder if Del Toro has not become too obssesed with visuals ,at the expense of basic writing and story telling.

I would hate to somebody who has such talent become another "All Style, No Substance" director.

• Like 1

It was somewhat looking like we would only get 2 of the new releases at our theatre this weekend. Goosebumps for sure, and likely Bridge of Spies (we have the audience for it). I accepted the fact that I likely wasn't seeing Crimson Peak in theatres. But our bookings came in, and it turns out we ARE getting Crimson Peak, and I was happy until I saw we aren't getting Bridge of Spies! This is The Walk all over again :(

But you haven't seen this. I'm not even confident you've seen Pan's Labrynth.

I'm all for making assumptions about movies before I see them, but your assumptions seem to be 100% solidified before you even see the film.

Yeah, the Shay has been known for that.

BUT I have seen Pan's Labyrinth (of course - as I have seen any other post 80ies movie that matter) - and it looks decidedly cheaper and outdated compared to the trailers of Crimson Peak.

Why should this even be a surprise?

• Like 1