Neo

Crimson Peak (10.16.2015) Trailer Page 29

I get a big Tomorrowland vibe from this. Why? Another movie on BOF thats being overpredicted and hyped just because the director. I know its early, but this looked kinda out there and all over the place. I dont see how this does any better than GG, Argo, Gravity, even Couples Retreat. In the same league really.

I know yall love Del Toro and what not, but lets really analyze this. This could be a tough sell. Especially if youre going to use Pans Labyrnth in the marketing instead of Pacific Rim, even if Pan is more this movies style. We'll see, I could be wrong, but I wont be surprised if this doesnt even make the top 3-4...of October 2015.

• Like 1

I get a big Tomorrowland vibe from this. Why? Another movie on BOF thats being overpredicted and hyped just because the director. I know its early, but this looked kinda out there and all over the place. I dont see how this does any better than GG, Argo, Gravity, even Couples Retreat. In the same league really.

I know yall love Del Toro and what not, but lets really analyze this. This could be a tough sell. Especially if youre going to use Pans Labyrnth in the marketing instead of Pacific Rim, even if Pan is more this movies style. We'll see, I could be wrong, but I wont be surprised if this doesnt even make the top 3-4...of October 2015.

I don't think anyone is over predicting this one much. :lol:

• Like 2

Oh, I don't expect it gross all that much. Just looking forward to it though. Much more so than Tomorrowland too.

• Like 2

I don't think anyone is over predicting this one much. :lol:

Im seeing alot of $40M OW+, October OW record, $100M+ total locked or near locked, in other threads with no basis. No of those imo are currently in the realm of possibility. Maybe it could leg its way to $100M, but an OW bigger than Pacific Rim? Come on.

• Like 1

Im seeing alot of $40M OW+, October OW record, $100M+ total locked or near locked, in other threads with no basis. No of those imo are currently in the realm of possibility. Maybe it could leg its way to $100M, but an OW bigger than Pacific Rim? Come on.

Oh in other threads. Which ones? I haven't seen them here. Is it the # movies over $100m thread or something like that?

• Like 1

I haven't seen those numbers (but then again I don't frequent the "X number of 100m grossers a year" threads very often). But of course you know that for the most part people predict with their hearts rather than their minds. Even more conservative estimates often come down to an assumption that things go mostly "right" (movie is well received, well marketed, widely released, etc).

• Like 3

Oh in other threads. Which ones? I haven't seen them here. Is it the # movies over $100m thread or something like that?

Yeah that one, Vanilla's club thread, and theres another I think, I forgot. It's probably a small sample size, but it just sticks out to me like a sore thumb. Not saying this wont be good, and it's still 8 months away, but we don't wanna start running away with this like Shades, Interstellar, and Pac Rim, imo.

• Like 2

predicts

Where?

I will give you the first predict: 19/59

• Like 1

What thread as there are no clubs, is it in the top 10 thread?

• Like 1

I haven't seen those numbers (but then again I don't frequent the "X number of 100m grossers a year" threads very often). But of course you know that for the most part people predict with their hearts rather than their minds. Even more conservative estimates often come down to an assumption that things go mostly "right" (movie is well received, well marketed, widely released, etc).

That thread is not really for predicts anyways moreso about what people want to cross 100M.

Yeah that one, Vanilla's club thread, and theres another I think, I forgot. It's probably a small sample size, but it just sticks out to me like a sore thumb. Not saying this wont be good, and it's still 8 months away, but we don't wanna start running away with this like Shades, Interstellar, and Pac Rim, imo.

Huh?

• Like 1

Was treated to a screening of Guillermo del Toro's new movie, CRIMSON PEAK, this weekend. Gorgeous and just fucking terrifying.

1,494 retweets 2,209 favorites

CRIMSON PEAK electrified me in the same way Sam Rami's EVIL DEAD electrified me when I saw it for the first time way back in the day.

995 retweets 1,557 favorites

• Like 3