Moviedweeb

TDKR "Honest-Trailer"

there are funny moments in TA, but Puny god isn't one of them

Man, you need to buy some sense of humor (Like most Nolan fans).There's nothing remotely as spectacular in the TDKR that doesn't have its counterpart double to the max in Avengers. The stakes, the massive destruction, the set pieces (Helicarrier is one hell of a juggernaut compared to Batman kiddie toys), the funny humor, the pacing, the interactions, visuals (colourful and shiny like a comic book panel coming to life, not overly grim, I much prefer TDK cinematography which was not overdone), VFX etc.
  • Like 2

Man, you need to buy some sense of humor (Like most Nolan fans).

There's nothing remotely as spectacular in the TDKR that doesn't have its counterpart double to the max in Avengers. The stakes, the massive destruction Transformers, Battleship... must be a classic for you then , the set pieces (Helicarrier is one hell of a juggernaut compared to Batman kiddie toys) because bigger toys equals better movie <_< , the funny humor I give you that the pacing not really and unlike TA, TDKR didin't needed action scene after another, the interactions, visuals Man, you're stuck on labels, EXAMPLE: a animation doesn't need,necessarily, be made for kids. TDKR's visuals are classy and better than the generic TA visuals, VFX I prefer practical effects over CGI, because in some years will look dated etc.

Edited by Goffe of Oz
  • Like 1

You cannot be so wrong about my tastes. Actually, I was a Nolan fan before it was trendy. Memento was one of my favourite movie back in 2000 before it was hip. I freakin' loved The Prestige and Inception but his Batman are way overrated in his filmography. I think they're his worst movies especially TDKR in terms of script (Man, Wayne rehashing Rocky's rise to the top two times is so redundant), dialogue (Cotillard's reveal and death is god-awful) and action (Climax is such a letdown and lacking spark in terms of epic action staging, looking so rehearsed; CGI Bat loabster and CGI Batpod spins are horrible as they're not realistic at all in Nolan's fake-realism trope).Pompous and preposterous, the way his worshippers seem to label TDKR as "best movie ever" almost disgusted me of loving previous Nolan films, ones that don't suffer such level of ridiculous bloat and gritty fakeness which engulfed TDKR. I don't want be part of that pack anymore.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 3

there are funny moments in TA, but Puny god isn't one of them

:rofl: :rofl:Funniest post of the year....I'm in tears. You are either trolling or have no sense of humour. This scene was the highlight of the film comedically and everyone will tell you that.
  • Like 3

From The Playlist:

"It was never going to be possible for ‘Rises’ to top “The Dark Knight” -- Ledger’s Joker was lightning in a bottle -- but it’s not for lack of trying. While it’s typical for sequels to go big, this one is a true epic reaching almost operatic heights scene-after-scene. What I still can’t understand is how the film became a punching bag to begin with (being held to a standard of “realism” that Nolan never subscribed to anyway) while another superhero blockbuster gets a pass because its more “fun.” ‘TDKR’ may not have been the film most audiences wanted this summer but Nolan gave them the one they deserved. And it was one for the history books."

From The Playlist:

snip--- TDKR’ may not have been the film most audiences wanted this summer but Nolan gave them the one they deserved. And it was one for the history books."

there are as many history books as the various views on cinema. Nolan's works are deeper than most hollywood prodcutions, but he isn't in the same league with the like of John Cassavetes, Scorsese, Coppola, Coen brothers, Hal Hartley, Haneke, and etc...

TDKR is actually my favorite superhero movie, but it is nowhere near as being a masterpiece.

Edited by teardropmina

So audiences may not have wanted TDKR, but Nolan gave us the movie we deserved and that was what?? A Crap movie with an inaudible villain who resembled a walrus with that mask?? The audience deserved a crap movie even if we didn't want it?? Gee Nolan, Thanks, but no thanks..

I think that article is a reaction to Internet dis of TDKR, and obvious by a nolanite.

I wonder maybe some of the criticism of TDKR isn't really about the film itself, but a reaction to nolanties.

It's actually quite simple: Another superhero movie received a free pass cause it was better than TDKR what movie are you talking about?, was a movie and concept we had never seen before in a superhero teamup like The AVENGERS and more importantly, we have seen 8 BATMAN movies in 22 years while we've only seen TA once first and foremost.. And the only thing for the history books regarding TDKR was the villain was one of the most unmemorable villains when following up to the JOKER

<_< as if Loki was memorable Edited by Goffe of Oz

I find it interesting that Bane and Loki are very similar at their core.-Bane is a reject who was never accepted as a relevant member in the League of Shadows despite trying so hard to be Ra's faithful prodigal son physically and mentally. He deeply suffered from his indifference, from the fact he banned him. Talia, as Ra's heiress, is the only one who put real trust in him and basically became her pet so through her, he could fulfill Ra's deed and gained his benediction after death. In the end, he's just the tool who accomplished Talia's and Ra's vengeance against Batman/Gotham. That's why that made him rather deceiving when he is cleared off the screen like second hand cannon fodder when his plan was not really his but hers.-Loki is an adopted son who lives in his overbearing brother's shadow and desperately seeking attention of his father. He's not seen as valuable as his fierce brother despite thinking he's more malicious, clever than him. He used his cunning tricks to fulfill his ambition of ruling Asgard at his own despair. When he's banned, his delusional and malevolent hubris pushed him to claim Earth as his kingdom even if it means making an agreement with dark forces like Chitauris and Thanos that overtop him. They're the only ones who put huge expectations in his hands despite he's acting like a tyrannic child who wants to crush everything to prove himself. He got a plan but he's not really in control. He's a paper tiger but we don't learn this 10 minutes before the end of the movie like Bane, it's in his characterization since the beginning.In the end, they're two individuals who are just wrecking rampage in order to seek the attention and the unmutual love of their adopted fathers.

Edited by dashrendar44

That "Mewling Quim" line and part of the movie was creepier and more memorable than every Bane's goofy lines combined.

Sure, Loki is a paper tiger but man, that kind of Silence Of The Lambs confrontation with Scar Jo was creepy, you'd believe he's one hell of a devilish psycho.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

That "Mewling Quim" line and part of the movie was creepier and more memorable than every Bane's goofy lines combined.

Sure, Loki is a paper tiger but man, that kind of Silence Of The Lambs confrontation with Scar Jo was creepy, you'd believe he's one hell of a devilish psycho.

That's absurd. Loki had no memorable lines. I get you hate TDKR but don't make yourself look silly.

Well its a bit silly guys...If you compare Loki to the Joker of course its not close...However compare him to the recent Marvel films and he is wayyy better...Its like saying Bane sucks because he is not as good as the Joker...Bane actually is great but Nolan put a plot twist to make him look weak and he had the voice of a British Gentleman at a Country Club...

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1