Moviedweeb

TDKR "Honest-Trailer"

Nice to see Kiwis breaking away from PJ cult. I expected that his excessive in-your-face wealth (it`s one thing to build a Neverland-like mansion in a neighbourhood with similar riches and totally another when you do that where people are normal middle class) and diminishing quality of movies would bite him in the ass at home at some point.

yes, but when you take the "expectation" factor away and that will not last forever, you see that TDKR is a better movie

It's all matter of opinion and more opinions disagree with yours. Even if I thought TDKR was the ether movie, there's no denying more people think differently. Edited by Jessie

Speaking of supergroups, did you see Avengers?I did. To me Joss Whedon is a god, I’m just a huge fan of his work, I love his work on TV. And I thought The Avengers was just an incredible achievement-Jonathan NolanThe Nolans are classy.

• Like 1

Speaking of supergroups, did you see Avengers?I did. To me Joss Whedon is a god, I’m just a huge fan of his work, I love his work on TV. And I thought The Avengers was just an incredible achievement-Jonathan NolanThe Nolans are classy.

And here's TDKR DP Wally Pfister said regarding TA."What’s really important is storytelling. None of it matters if it doesn’t support the story. I thought 'The Avengers' was an appalling film. They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling."

No....what he wanted is contained in the quote

"What’s really important is storytelling. None of it matters if it doesn’t support the story. I thought 'The Avengers' was an appalling film. They’d shoot from some odd angle and I’d think, why is the camera there? Oh, I see, because they spent half a million on the set and they have to show it off. It took me completely out of the movie. I was driven bonkers by that illogical form of storytelling."

He wasn't criticising the story...He didn't want the tone to be different. He thought that the cinematography took him out of the movie.

sure you did have some Camera angels that focused on SJo breasts and backside but we saw that in TDKR a bit, but Nolan was being subtle.Nothing beats Micheal Bay eyefu*(ing Megan Fox.Even so he may be right but this is one of the best recent action shots in a while.To pull off such a shot in such a long take was amazing.

When I was in the theater I was and everyone just amazed... People cheered after that scene...We need more action scenes like this... Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 2

I liked TDKR, but could see all of the flaws when I watched it opening night. Having Honest Trailers back up basically every single complaint I had really makes me feel good haha!! For some reason though, I still love the movie. B)

Are you kidding me? The first re-appearance of Batman is a joke of an action scene. There's nothing really exciting going on and Nolan's poor talent for directing action is glaring. It's Zimmer's thunderous (reused) score that made you think some breathtaking action was taking place before your eyes but it's an illusion. It's poorly paced and a standard chase already seen numerous times (just a rehash of Batman Begins chase) with Batman just hanging around on his bike. (Oh man, that CGI bike jump is lame as if it was supposed to be a jaw-dropping scene, give me a break...) .There's nothing as impressive as Avengers epic action set pieces which didn't lack that WOW factor. Hulk Smash! That's what I'm talking about:

Edited by dashrendar44

Are you kidding me? The first re-appearance of Batman is a joke of an action scene. There's nothing really exciting going on and Nolan's poor talent for directing action is glaring. It's Zimmer's thunderous (reused) score that made you think some breathtaking action was taking place before your eyes but it's an illusion. It's poorly paced and a standard chase already seen numerous times (just a rehash of Batman Begins chase) with Batman just hanging around on his bike. (Oh man, that CGI bike jump is lame as if it was supposed to be a jaw-dropping scene, give me a break...) .There's nothing as impressive as Avengers epic action set pieces which didn't lack that WOW factor. Hulk Smash! That's what I'm talking about:http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRk4CktOZaAhttp-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU0-ZD58uDg

yh i just tend to prefer my action that isnt filmed next to a green screen.

One can argue which scenes are better.Which action scenes audiences liked more...Well that is easily TA.People like TDK trilogy story but the action is not the draw really... Frankly the Action in TDKR is not that great or special, still fun and epic.However feels like Nolan watched TF3 to film the city battle LOL!

yh i just tend to prefer my action that isnt filmed next to a green screen.

Maybe because Nolan doesn't know how to properly use a green screen as that evidence shows:

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQoNOiuK_7w

Oh, What's that? Batman didn't freefall from a real building for real? :o

Posted Image

Next, you gonna tell me Nolan doesn't use CGI...

Edited by dashrendar44