#ED

How Batman Survived At The End Of The TDKR FINALLY EXPLAINED!!!!

It's easy to explain how he survived. At the end, when the two guys were checking The Bat, Lucius mentioned that everything was top notch but the auto pilot, which they claimed, was alright. Lucius asked them who fixed it and they said that Bruce Wayne did, six months ago.So he put The Bat on auto pilot and jumped out somewhere before the big explosion - the Bat went on, and he survived.

So Wayne Industries techs know who Batman is because it would not take so long to do the maths, therefore everyone would know who he is. Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Batman as a detective movie would be so boring. I hate this type of movies and TV Shows

I'd argue that it would make Batman films a bit more interesting for him to actually have to solve crimes as he does his thing. I'd still love to see The Riddler as a serial killer who leaves clues for Batman to have to solve to track him down before he kills again. That would at least differentiate the character from The Joker while keeping the soul of his character intact. I wish Jonathon Nolan would just take over the series and continue it...oh well... Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™
  • Like 1

60's Batman: Solves silly riddles and figures out in the blink of an eye that Schmidlap is actually The Penguin.

Burton Batman: "Let's go shopping". Yeah, he makes an antidote for Joker's formula, yet it took nearly the whole film to figure out The Joker killed his parents. Batman Returns gave his detecting skills little to do and he should have known by the way Selina was acting that she was Catwoman.

Schumacher Batman: At least The Riddler presented Kilmer's version with something to chew on and he was able to realize the death of Riddler's boss was no suicide. But why the hell didn't he figure out that VR room was a trap? Clooney's Batman...nothing really needs to be said.

Nolan's Batman: Every time he investigated anything, he ended up looking like a fool or just looked absurd. BB: Investigating the bears with drugs in them, Scarecrow sets him on fire. TDK: Stood there silently while Gordon and Dent figured it out for him. TDKR: Used Catwoman to find Bane's lair...we all know how that worked out for him.

We've yet to see Batman as "The World's Greatest Detective" on the big screen.

I guess when I think of Batman, I think of the 60's version. Although, I think that is the kind of detective work that Batman is known for in the comics.

I feel that Nolan's Batman trilogy is really the definitive big screen version of Batman. I guess I just have to accept that movie Batman isn't the detective that comic book Batman is (or Adam West's Batman). Which I can do because I am not a huge DC guy, so I don't mind if their film version is different from their comicbook version of Batman.

I can say that if Disney/Marvel ever did something similar to one of their characters, then I would not be as forgiving.

I guess when I think of Batman, I think of the 60's version. Although, I think that is the kind of detective work that Batman is known for in the comics.

I feel that Nolan's Batman trilogy is really the definitive big screen version of Batman. I guess I just have to accept that movie Batman isn't the detective that comic book Batman is (or Adam West's Batman). Which I can do because I am not a huge DC guy, so I don't mind if their film version is different from their comicbook version of Batman.

I can say that if Disney/Marvel ever did something similar to one of their characters, then I would not be as forgiving.

There have been so many different versions of Batman over the years though. I personally like to think of it like this:

60s Batman: The definitive film for the 50s/Early to Mid 60s version.

Posted Image

Burton Batman: The definitive films for the Late 80s/Early 90s version(Post Miller).

Posted Image

Nolan Batman: The definitive films for the Modern and (at least in part) 70s(O'Neill/Adams) to Mid 80s(specifically Miller) versions of Batman.

Posted Image

Schumacher Batman: The definitive films for the homosexual version of Batman and Robin.

Posted Image

:P

• Like 3

I just wrote an article for top10films.uk.comIt's called 50 films that were better than TDKR this year. It should be up later today. I'll post a link to it here when it is.

So Wayne Industries techs know who Batman is because it would not take so long to do the maths, therefore everyone would know who he is.

Not necessarily... If that is so, they would think that Lucius is Batman too since he also worked on the Bat. They don't know for sure if Bruce is really Batman or just helped developing that machine.

Not necessarily... If that is so, they would think that Lucius is Batman too since he also worked on the Bat. They don't know for sure if Bruce is really Batman or just helped developing that machine.

They work for Wayne Industries in Applied Sciences section. Something we know is "off the books". Only Lucius and Wayne know about it (In fact, the techs and Bane too...Plothole spotted). Obviously, Lucius is an old black man and all the gadgets are seen being employed by some masked Ninja-vigilante who seems to possess every top secret gadgets from Wayne Industries and displays it in public view. Top secret gadgets that only a bilionnaire could afford (like the one who comes to visit them so often) and they would know if someone stole it. Don't need to be Sherlock Holmes to come to the glaring conclusion that Wayne is the Batman. Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2

It was pretty obvious to a very few readers that Richard Bachman was really Stephen King, but a majority had no clue. Either people are truly oblivious to Batman's true ID, or they want to believe he's supernatural, or they just like the status quo. Either way, that presents us with a select few that would figure it out and an even more select few that would dare to come forward. And you have to figure, just as with the accountant in TDK, those that do end up getting convinced to keep their mouths shut. In any case, since he has a mask and the resources to cover his ID, I find it believable that he never gets outted as Batman.

• Founder / Operator

I just wrote an article for top10films.uk.comIt's called 50 films that were better than TDKR this year. It should be up later today. I'll post a link to it here when it is.

Congrats, buddy! We might be polar opposites (TDKR isn't just one of the best movies of the year for me but probably my favorite Batman film period), but that's awesome!
  • Like 8

Thing is Batman could have escaped the blast but not with 5 seconds to spare...NO way unless he has a superpower to block blasts or something.

As I stated above, the cabin of the bat copter probably ejected into a submarine like the cockpit of the batmobile became a motorcycle. And if it shot into the water deep enough, then he would have had the blast resistant hull and hundreds of feet of water between him and the blast. Hell, they did something similar in Batman Forever. Are you implying Nolan isn't as smart as Schumacher? Heresy! :P

It's easy to explain how he survived. At the end, when the two guys were checking The Bat, Lucius mentioned that everything was top notch but the auto pilot, which they claimed, was alright. Lucius asked them who fixed it and they said that Bruce Wayne did, six months ago.So he put The Bat on auto pilot and jumped out somewhere before the big explosion - the Bat went on, and he survived.

Yeah but that's just a cop-out. He couldn't have jumped off because everyone had their eyes on the bat wing. Had they not shown a shot with him in the Batwing seconds before detonation then it would have even acceptable to use your theory, but the way they filmed it literally made it impossible for him to jump out unnoticed.

Yeah but that's just a cop-out. He couldn't have jumped off because everyone had their eyes on the bat wing. Had they not shown a shot with him in the Batwing seconds before detonation then it would have even acceptable to use your theory, but the way they filmed it literally made it impossible for him to jump out unnoticed.

Yea, that's true. But that's what the ending suggested... The movie itself didn't suggest that, but the script did.