tommycruise

Angry Birds | May 20, 2016 | Best reviewed video game adaptation ever

It won't make as much as it would have a couple of years ago, but it's still a wide-release animated creature film with a prime summer release date. It'll be fine.

Aren't most animation movies 150m+.  They need to keep the budget under 90m. 

Aren't most animation movies 150m+.  They need to keep the budget under 90m. 

Apparently it's $80M but it may increase from that. Remember this is a foreign animated film so it's not like some massive 150M Dreamworks/Disney production.

http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/business/13289-rovio-splashes-over-100m-in-animated-feature.html?ref=nl-hs-aamu

Apparently it's $80M but it may increase from that. Remember this is a foreign animated film so it's not like some massive 150M Dreamworks/Disney production.

http://www.helsinkitimes.fi/business/13289-rovio-splashes-over-100m-in-animated-feature.html?ref=nl-hs-aamu

I thought Illumination Entertainment was making this. 80m makes more sense for this since it need about 200m WW to break even.

I thought Illumination Entertainment was making this. 80m makes more sense for this since it need about 200m WW to break even.

Nope, Illumination is doing The Secret Life of Pets next summer, but nothing to do with Angry Birds :)

I could see this film doing some pretty big numbers.

It has the appeal from "gamers" and kids. So i think it could do $150-$165M DOM for the type of animated film it is..

WW-wise? I dunno guys. I mean it could either do just good, or be a breakout. It's a pretty popular brand.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34

I could see this film doing some pretty big numbers.

It has the appeal from "gamers" and kids. So i think it could do $150-$165M DOM for the type of animated film it is..

WW-wise? I dunno guys. I mean it could either do just good, or be a breakout. It's a pretty popular brand.

Gamers :lol: