iceroll

Weekend #s Hobbit 84.7 ROG 7.4 Linc 7.2 Sky 7.0 Pi 5.4 BD2 5.2 pg 90

I don't remember a 10 year gap between Potter movies and a prequel (not questioning Potter's performances, just saying that's not a valid comparison...if TH movies came out a year or so in succession right after LOTR movies then it would be).

Also, haters can't have it both ways...they can't post for months to a year before release that TH isn't LOTR and people aren't as interested so it'll only open to $90m and make $300-350m dom, and then now that that's happening say it's bombing...it can't be bombing if it's doing exactly what you were predicting.

Exactly.

I don't remember a 10 year gap between Potter movies and a prequel (not questioning Potter's performances, just saying that's not a valid comparison...if TH movies came out a year or so in succession right after LOTR movies then it would be).Also, haters can't have it both ways...they can't post for months to a year before release that TH isn't LOTR and people aren't as interested so it'll only open to $90m and make $300-350m dom, and then now that that's happening say it's bombing...it can't be bombing if it's doing exactly what you were predicting.

I've seen it and loved it but there is noway to spin this performance. It's very weak, only saving grace is the legs.
  • Like 1

Soooo just because I predicted John Carter would fail to make 100M DOM, that means it was a success?

Totally different...$300m dom and $900-1b ww is still a huge success and not a bomb in the slightest. It's not a huge mega hit like some said, but not a bomb at all.
  • Like 2

So, ShawnMR, what do you think of this performance? As a huge Ringer yourself, what do you feel? Sadness? Anger? Constipation?

Damn I can't wait to see you fall so hard on your ass you'll hit the ground like a safe when you see movies don't live or die by their ODs or OWs in December. Even though I get the feeling you know this yourself and are just being a pain in the ass as usual. Edited by HobbitMan89

• Founder / Operator

So, ShawnMR, what do you think of this performance? As a huge Ringer yourself, what do you feel? Sadness? Anger? Constipation?

None of the above, same as with Potter or TDKR. I have no personal stake in the numbers, more interested in seeing how it plays out rather than jumping to conclusions after 1 day. ;)
  • Like 3

Totally different...$300m dom and $900-1b ww is still a huge success and not a bomb in the slightest. It's not a huge mega hit like some said, but not a bomb at all.

Of course The Hobbit isn't a bomb. Anyone saying so is using hyperbole and trolling for comedy. But I don't think it's really fair to say that you can't acknowledge the disappointment in a film's performance if you predicted it would happen.

None of the above, same as with Potter or TDKR. I have no personal stake in the numbers, more interested in seeing how it plays out rather than jumping to conclusions after 1 day. ;)

I've only ever riled you up once or twice in the four years I've known you. I'm impressed. ;)