The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

54 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

People who say this is not a great film need to be smacked.

The scenes were Gandalf charges with the Riders of Rohans is one of the best in series.

That along with Boromir's last stand at Amon Hen are my favorite scenes.  The MUSIC ... absolutely jaw dropping and the visual of the Rohirrim charging down the hill was a feast for the eyes.

This film is a middle film, yet it doesn't really have the problems associated with it because the central action set piece of Helms Deep is so thrilling ... by the time it's done, you're ready for that break to recover for the next film.

Gollum was such a revelation when this came out and looking back, it's still such masterful work by Serkis.

Not as good as Fellowship of the Ring ... and probably not quite as good as Return of the King, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more satisfying film than this.

A, 5/5 ... one of my favorite films of all time.

Edited by Adam

I go for 5/5 or 10/10 or what ever you want... But still it'is the badest part of the trillogy but still the 3rd best film ever made. Still well done, I don't know why PJ didn't make the hobbit like these movies...

Best battle in cinematic history. But it already starts great with one of the best opening scenes ever.

On a less epic and bombastic level, PJ and Co also manage it brilliantly to introduce the new characters, landscapes and kingdoms without stopping the story. What a monumental task.

Though FotR is the best of the trilogy, this also needs to get an A+

FotR is just on a level that does not need a score anymore.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere

My LOTR marathon continues.
What a masterfully done movie. There are some moments there that transcend the fact that you are just a viewer. It makes you care so much about so many characters and rarely films get to me this way.

People who say this is not a great film need to be smacked.

The scenes were Gandalf charges with the Riders of Rohans is one of the best in series.

That is the best cinematic battle scene in history. The modern battles in recent blockbuster pale in comparison. It just had a grandeur beyond anything else ever achieved in filmmaking.

Also, there are scenes like this that make you shiver or feel hollow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3Tl9bNmCKo

This Arwen scene is probably the best thing in the whole trilogy for me. The Elves are so wonderfully described and played and the music is just out of this world.

Yeah, I'm the biggest fanboy ever. Now let The Return of the King come.

A+

Edited by James