The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

54 members have voted

1. 1. Grade Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

AAll the movies in this trilogy are amazing and epic, it's so difficult to pick a favourite. There are things I loved about this film, everything with Gollum, Helms Deep, the scouring of Isengard. I didn't like the stuff with Treebeard and some of the Rohan stuff. Overall this is, by a tiny tiny margin my least favourite LOTR movie - but it's still an excellent movie.

• Like 2

This and FoTR are my favorite films of the series, even though its predecessor is far less flawed. I think the editing became lazy near the end with Treebeard, but TTT features some of the most emotionally resonant moments of the series. The scene where Elrond shows Arwen a future with a dead Aragorn while the hauntingly beautiful Evenstar plays still gives me shivers to this day.

A

A

A worthy successor to FOTR, and in many ways it surpasses it in terms of feeling "Tolkien-esque" (despite numerous departures from the source material). It also -- amazingly -- manages to avoid the pitfall of being the middle film and thus without a real "beginning" or "end". Like the other LOTR films, it has tremendous scope while remaining surprisingly intimate at key moments, and it never forgets that the real meat of the story is the characters.

• Like 1

I'm waiting to see Fellowship, but the beginning in the Shire or whatever is so slow and boring I never make it past the fireworks.

TTT does have it's slow moments too though, particularly the Merry and Pippin story arc with Treebeard.Regarding FOTR, if that part of the movie bores you, just fast forward to where the hobbits go to the Prancing Pony, where they meet up with Aragorn for the first time. Edited by Warhorse

Step down from FOTR but some scenes in this are just magical and Gandalf steals the show in this movie...

Gandalf fight the Fire Demon with amazing background music.

Then Gandalf coming as Jesus Christ

Then Helms Deep which is easily one of best battle scenes of modern times.

Then you Have Gandalf coming back and riding down the hill with the horses.

Then after 2 hours of the trees boring you to death, they come back kicking ass..

I remember that scene when the dam bursts and the one tree puts his fire out

Uneven film but full of great scenes

8.5/10