Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

Ballsackface: An Unexpected Flop

I thought I was the only one who noticed the ballsackface thing.It disturbed me greatly.What about the innocence of all these little girls who went to see the movie and saw a giant ballsack on a face ! :(PJ is a deranged individual.
  • Like 1

ROTG has the worst PTA of any movie in the top 10. The only reason its in 4th place is because a bunch of theaters decided to keep screening it due to the subject matter. (None of the other movies currently in release are even remotely Christmas-related, are they?) It will plummet as soon as the holidays are over.

MI3D:$531Skyfall:$533Life of Pi:$571RotG:$517that difference!!! :rolleyes: Edited by efialtes76
  • Like 1

flopbit is really flopping. it is a 1 film movie a short amount of content only. studios think they are smarter than audiences? audiences arent stupid to donate profits to film companies. the film, the content has to be good, and it wasnt. the RT score is only 65% and in a strong yr for filmmaking , its not even a top 10 major film critically. looks like barely getting 250m in domestic, and about 580 overseas. total should finish around 840-850million.its combined total budget is around $400m or so incl advertisingFrom its bulbous goblin king to its nearly three-hour running time to its budget — an estimated $400 million, including global marketing costssource for budgethttp://artsbeat.blog...the-box-office/850 * 45% studio average profit = 382million.in summary 400m cost vs 382 profit portion, it doesnt stand to break even on theatrical run. also my worldwide figure of 580m is in the middle upper range.when compared to LOTR inflation adjusted, this is so bad it doesnt merit comparisonthis disappointment does not bode well for the sequel. its sequel goes from being hotly anticipated to just 'meh'. i dont think marketing is a big deal, the content has to be good

Budget is actually $270M. Not $400M. Not sure where that author got their number from. Maybe that's the total budget for all 3 movies?http://www.the-numbers.com/movies/2012/HOBIT.php