Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

Let's take IAL's run for comparison which is what Hobbit is closely following (though the weekend drop is close to KK)http://www.boxoffice... ... legend.htmWith the exception of this Monday (Dec 24) the upcoming weekdays will be bigger than last week and would mostly be very close to this weekend's Sunday. The next weekend increase won't be as big but each day will be like a weekend day till 31st Jan where movies will plunge and then the final increase over Jan 1st. IAL made $70m between Dec 24-Jan 1. Since Hobbit is getting bigger numbers and is generally skewing families I would say it will make $80m-$85m during this time frame which would put it at $230m-$235m.IAL made another $50m after Jan 1st. Hobbit still has no family competition throughout January which would help its legs. I can see TH making another $60m-$65m which would mean $290m-$300m.

Edited by Jack Sparrow
  • Like 1

Funny People fails and what does Apatow do? Make another "dramedy" about rich, white California-based people that's two and a half hours. Way to learn from your failures, pal.

This is 40 will make more than Funny People on a significantly smaller budget (35m). He has untold riches from producing half of the R-rated comedies released in the last five years and he can still break even on his own directorial projects. He'll be just fine, I think.
  • Like 1

IAL made another $50m after Jan 1st. Hobbit still has no family competition throughout January which would help its legs. I can see TH making another $60m-$65m which would mean $290m-$300m.

Last time I checked Parental Guidance was a family movie but whatever. Edited by fishnets

Parental Guidence won't hurt The Hobbit. Kids movies can coexist over Christmas, especially when nothing else is making much money.

:rolleyes: it seems no movie can hurt TH but TH itself cause its immunity to movies that cut into its audience is really a wonder to behold. Jack Sparrow`s numbers were based on the " lack of family movies" and I`m just saying that PG is a family movie and numbers should be revised accordingly. Now you claim family movie is no competition. Defenders should really decide on what excuses they are going to make because you are contradicting yourselves.

Hmm, numbers seem a little underwhelming, but I guess expected since Christmas is around the corner and people are too busy planning. Hopefully it'll pick up more steam in the next couple weekends.

And I hope competition clobbers TH so that studios don`t shy away from unleashing some real competition on it next year and in 2014. I really hope that underwhelming performence shows that TH is much weaker player than LOTR so that they don`t have to run away from it anymore but attack it with all their might. Edited by fishnets