Moviedweeb

Weekend Estimates Hobbit 36.7 pg 33

The Hobbit will drop by 30% today, weekend will be closer to 35. I'm not sure what model you guys are using but I don't think a smallish drop in is in order today as the spikes were much greater yesterday.

Edited by baumer

The Hobbit will drop by 30% today, weekend will be closer to 35. I'm not sure what model you guys are using but I don't think a smallish drop in is in order today as the spikes were much greater yesterday.

baumer, since most people will have Monday off for Christmas eve, the drops will be in 18 to 20% range.

I Am Legend was released at the 14th of december just like the hobbit. Its second weekdays were 25-50% larger than its first week with the exception of christmas eve. The hobbit should drop a sub 20% sunday and with the exception of christmas eve could have 8-11m weekdays for its second week. Also I am Legend only dropped 18.2% on its third weekend after dropping 56.6% on its second. So if it follows this it should be at 215-230m by its third weekend.

• Like 1

baumer, since most people will have Monday off for Christmas eve, the drops will be in 18 to 20% range.

I know that's what happened in 2007, but I don't think it will again this year. The numbers have been weird. Friday was soft, Saturday robust and I think Sunday will be normal. I don't think a lot of people will be going to the movies tomorrow night either. So I'm going to call a 28-31% drop. I could be wrong of course.

36.7 mill is the estimate for Hobbit. I guess they are estimating a very soft Sunday drop also.About a 56% drop.

Edited by baumer

Not good. No matter the spin of "Oh but Saturday went up!"

Yea, the Saturday number is good but it's also standard. At this point you can pencil in the Hobbit for 280-310, imo. No more and no less.

I know that's what happened in 2007, but I don't think it will again this year. The numbers have been weird. Friday was soft, Saturday robust and I think Sunday will be normal. I don't think a lot of people will be going to the movies tomorrow night either. So I'm going to call a 28-31% drop. I could be wrong of course.

There is a chance that it could vary from 2007. But I think since 24th is a holiday for most people, the drops will be soft Edited by jb007

There is a chance that it could vary from 2007. But I think since 24th is a holiday for most people, the drops will be soft

Yep, they are predicting a very soft drop, so I guess I'm wrong.