CJohn

Christmas Day Numbers | Les Miserables: 18.1M | DU: 15M | The Hobbit: 11.3M | PG: 6.5M

PG may look bad to a lot of you guys, but obviously not to most of the people that saw it. Can't go by RT on a film like that either, as families don't care what critics think of those films. And they usually hate them.Home Alone, one of most beloved Christmas films of all time, made an adjusted $500-some million, and a 54% on RT. Home Alone 2 made $332mil adjusted, with a 26% on RT.People/families don't look for an Oscar winner for these films. They just want to be entertained & PG looked to be exactly the kind of thing kids laugh at. Slapstick. Which is always their favorite part of the Home Alones as well.

• Like 2

Why are people surprised by Parental Guidance's good #s?

Everyone kept harping on how The Hobbit was gonna bust a nut when kids got out of school (A joke some, i.e. me, kept repeating) and families could see it. Well its been out for three weeks and everyone who is going to see it has. Including families and Parental Guidance was the only new film for Christmas geared 100% at families. Not unlike how Cheaper by the Dozen became a big hit during Christmas 2003.

Edited by filmnerdjamie
  • Like 2

PG may look bad to a lot of you guys, but obviously not to most of the people that saw it. Can't go by RT on a film like that either, as families don't care what critics think of those films. And they usually hate them.Home Alone, one of most beloved Christmas films of all time, made an adjusted $500-some million, and a 54% on RT. Home Alone 2 made $332mil adjusted, with a 26% on RT.People/families don't look for an Oscar winner for these films. They just want to be entertained & PG looked to be exactly the kind of thing kids laugh at. Slapstick. Which is always their favorite part of the Home Alones as well.

Yep. Home Alone 1 and 2 are my favourite Christmas films.