filmnerdjamie

Wednesday Numbers (12/26)

Hobbits still misses $230mil. It needs strong legs to get $300mil.

IAL adjusts to 291m and TH1 will be well ahead of its pace after the 1st. IAL did not have the best legs. 300m is happening.

Yh Django Unchained numbers are of the chain!

As they should be. The movie`s strong accros the board and the money shot (evil Leo) delivers big time.

I could see anything winning the weekend now. Hobbit is the likely favorite but Les Mis could hold well today and Django could shoot up tomorrow.

LM wins big if they add more theaters.

I'm not usually the type to try to steer a conversation like this, but why are these threads still so based around the Hobbit? It's heading for 290-305 and is going to be considered a disappointment by most in some vein. That's pretty much all you can say at this point. Django and Les Mis are two great new films with fresh numbers that are headed in mysterious and exciting directions for discussion. Why can't we talk about them? No offense, I respect Hobbit fans to the fullest, but it's beating a dead horse at this point.

• Like 4

I'm not usually the type to try to steer a conversation like this, but why are these threads still so based around the Hobbit? It's heading for 290-305 and is going to be considered a disappointment by most in some vein. That's pretty much all you can say at this point. Django and Les Mis are two great new films with fresh numbers that are headed in mysterious and exciting directions for discussion. Why can't we talk about them?No offense, I respect Hobbit fans to the fullest, but it's beating a dead horse at this point.

then click ignore on the posts that talk about Hobbit. Simple as that. It is still a big movie and is going to have a lot of people talking about it.
  • Like 1

then click ignore on the posts that talk about Hobbit. Simple as that. It is still a big movie and is going to have a lot of people talking about it.

Yes, but every post about new movies gets crushed under an avalanche of Hobbit posts. I don't mind the posts about the Hobbit so much as I mind the lack of posts about other films.

I'm not usually the type to try to steer a conversation like this, but why are these threads still so based around the Hobbit? It's heading for 290-305 and is going to be considered a disappointment by most in some vein. That's pretty much all you can say at this point. Django and Les Mis are two great new films with fresh numbers that are headed in mysterious and exciting directions for discussion. Why can't we talk about them?No offense, I respect Hobbit fans to the fullest, but it's beating a dead horse at this point.

Because it has a strong chance to win the weekend. It's going to be between it and LM for the weekend. You don't want people to talk about the possible number 1 movie? :mellow:
  • Like 2

I feel the same and I was also rudelly dismissed by a fnaboy when I pointed that out. They feel better to repeat that it isn`t doing bad at all while talking about LM and DU would remind them that those two are the big story of the season. And this forum has more TH fans so that`s why beating the dead horse will continue.
  • Like 1

Because it has a strong chance to win the weekend. It's going to be between it and LM for the weekend. You don't want people to talk about the possible number 1 movie? :mellow:

I don`t mind quality discussion which would be admitting that if TH wins the weekend it`ll be only because it plays in 1300 more theaters than LM which is just as long movie as TH and doesn`t get more showings a day. LM is sold out. TH profits from spillovers. If LM played in more theaters, it would satisfy the demand instead of having people who went to see it watch TH because they couldn`t get tickets. This kind of talk is OK. But you know we`ll get tons of spin that TH WOM is suddenly glorious and competition`s isn`t and what not. Edited by fishnets

If Les Mis and Django each add 150 theaters, that isn't happening in the slightest. The only way Hobbit wins is if the other films continue with low TCs. At my theater, both of those films (and Parental Guidance, actually) doubled the business of the Hobbit.Edit: And the fact that my region (South Florida) is the most diverse in the nation means it serves as a good barometer of other important, urban areas. Edited by Cmasterclay