efialtes76

Thursday Numbers:TH1 $10.6m,Les Mis $9.4m,DU $8.7m....

Fish, what did you think of Hobbit?

My reviews in the review section. I gave it a C+. My biggest beef is with turning Thorin into the main protagonist over Bilbo. Such a boring, unegaging character played by bored-looking actor who thinks being a hottie is enough, no acting effort required. may be judging actors more harshly after seeing DU but this guy just plain sucked as Aragorn Lite, DU or not. Not to mention that he usurped the leading character status from a much more compelling one.
  • Like 1

Great for TH1. 300M is almost a lock. :)

I don't see why there is still doubt about $300m it will continue to be the biggest blockbuster whole of January and the PG-13 competition is non-existent for WHOLE of that month. Plus given its holidays boost it has already come close to FOTR's numbers. It will fall bigger for sure cause there will be not Oscar buzz and it will be far older than FOTR after holidays but it would only need $60m after holidays even IAL managed $50m after Jan 1st so $300m is LOCK.
  • Like 1

300 is not locked. Hobbit isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Everything is about expected right now. So I'm not sure how you lock in a number that is far from locked. It's not going to have FOTR's holds in the coming weeks.

I don't see why there is still doubt about $300m it will continue to be the biggest blockbuster whole of January and the PG-13 competition is non-existent for WHOLE of that month. Plus given its holidays boost it has already come close to FOTR's numbers. It will fall bigger for sure cause there will be not Oscar buzz and it will be far older than FOTR after holidays but it would only need $60m after holidays even IAL managed $50m after Jan 1st so $300m is LOCK.

After the first 10 days, I want to stay conservative and pleasantly be surprised rather than pissed and angry with my over prediction.

My reviews in the review section. I gave it a C+. My biggest beef is with turning Thorin into the main protagonist over Bilbo. Such a boring, unegaging character played by bored-looking actor who thinks being a hottie is enough, no acting effort required. may be judging actors more harshly after seeing DU but this guy just plain sucked as Aragorn Lite, DU or not. Not to mention that he usurped the leading character status from a much more compelling one.

Thorin boring?For me is the best character of the movie! :huh:
  • Like 1

It's not going to have FOTR's holds in the coming weeks.

Why do you have to point that out? It's not like we don't know. It seems you don't know that it doesn't need FOTR legs to hit $300m.Mind you, i'm not in the $300m lock camp yet.
  • Like 1

I too believe LM will start fading now but not very heavily, it will still do good this week (aka till holidays) but after that it will drop big. Crossing $100m is a given for both LM and DU, so that it not even a question here :)

LM doesn't face much direct competition in January (most of the new releases are R-rated). I'm thinking a 40% drop for its 2nd weekend and then stabilize throughout January.

300 is not locked. Hobbit isn't doing anything out of the ordinary. Everything is about expected right now. So I'm not sure how you lock in a number that is far from locked. It's not going to have FOTR's holds in the coming weeks.

Its not doing extra ordinary (did anyone pointed that out here?). Plus you chose to conveniently (completely) ignore the comparison made to IAL.http://www.boxoffice...&id=vs-lotr.htmAs for FOTR dailies it is running $1m ahead (13 vs 15 days) and will continue to increase this whole week. By Jan 1st it should already have a lead of about $25m+ so it does NOT need FOTR's drops to get past $300m. Edited by Jack Sparrow
  • Like 1

LM doesn't face much direct competition in January (most of the new releases are R-rated). I'm thinking a 40% drop for its 2nd weekend and then stabilize throughout January.

That could be true but it attracts a crowd that is more frontloaded. If it gets a LOT of Oscar boost then maybe but as of now I don't see that.