efialtes76

Thursday Numbers:TH1 $10.6m,Les Mis $9.4m,DU $8.7m....

You're acting like I'm jumping for joy with it's performance. Where it was few days ago, it has made a nice little comeback.

I am only saying TH is a disapointment next to FOTR.300m dom and 900m-1b ww is still a wet dream for any Hollywood producer : TH on its own is still a great success no doubt.

I wouldn't underestimate "Les Miserables" yet. It's dropping better than "Dreamgirls" in 2006 and that one followed with the biggest Jump of all movies on friday. Actually, with Dreamgirls-jumps and without sunday being New Year's Eve, Les Miserables would do 40m 3 day and would beat the Hobbit with that number...Django is doing amazing business, really.And look at "Rise of the Guardians". Yay.

I wouldn't underestimate "Les Miserables" yet. It's dropping better than "Dreamgirls" in 2006 and that one followed with the biggest Jump of all movies on friday. Actually, with Dreamgirls-jumps and without sunday being New Year's Eve, Les Miserables would do 40m 3 day and would beat the Hobbit with that number...Django is doing amazing business, really.

LM is still playing in under 3000 theaters,no? Scratch $40m 3 day.It needs more theaters and they`ll probably add those after holidays. Missed opportunity. Don`t know exactly why they did it but it`s a bad decision through and through.DU is holding better because WOM is better? It`s the best movie in the top 3 by a large margin.

LM is still playing in under 3000 theaters,no? Scratch $40m 3 day.It needs more theaters and they`ll probably add those after holidays. Missed opportunity. Don`t know exactly why they did it but it`s a bad decision through and through.DU is holding better because WOM is better? It`s the best movie in the top 3 by a large margin.

Being in under 3000 theaters hasn't stopped Tyler Perry movies from having 40m-openings. Or Hanna Montana from making 30m in just 700! theaters.

I know it was Christmas weekend, but how long to we get actuals? Will it be a 2 for 1 on Monday or will that get delayed due to NY's?

Aren't you here every year or what? Usually, most studios only report actuals on January 2nd. That happens every year.

Being in under 3000 theaters hasn't stopped Tyler Perry movies from having 40m-openings. Or Hanna Montana from making 30m in just 700! theaters.

Did any of those open on Tuesday and was 3 hours long with commercials so its turnover was slower? Apples and oranges. LM burned some demand already.

300m for TH1 is a lock or not, that can be answered tomorrow after Friday numbers. The Friday jumps are very variable, so to lock anything based on Thursday numbers isn't wise.

TH is a Saturday movie. You can count on Sat jump regadless of Friday one.So if Friday happens to be less satisfying it means nothing really. Edited by fishnets