Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

I wouldn`t call the "pessimistic scenario supporters" haters. Many of them were quite indiferent to LOTR, neither too much love nor too much hate, unlike loonies who were Best Movies Evah type of stubborn. Also, I wouldn`t call pessimistic scenario pessimistic but realistic.

I actually loved LOTR. I loved BB-TDK as well. But I had the lowest predictions for TH1 and TDKR (330M and 445M respectively). But I was called 'hater' and 'pretend fanboy' in both the cases because I wasn't predicting ridiculous numbers like they did.
  • Like 1

OS numbers of a billion or a tad above were thrown around but (almost - just in case you find one) nobody thought of them as locks.

800M was called a lock by most because "If OST can do it, there is no way TH1 will miss it".You can check the first few pages of the Intl thread. It was also a 1 Billion OS club, which the majority joined.
  • Like 1

I actually loved LOTR. I loved BB-TDK as well. But I had the lowest predictions for TH1 and TDKR (330M and 445M respectively). But I was called 'hater' and 'pretend fanboy' in both the cases because I wasn't predicting ridiculous numbers like they did.

I think we were about the same with both films. I can't remember exactly what I predicted for TDKR without looking it up, but it's in the summer game. But I'm going to say it was about 460 mill.

800M was called a lock by most because "If OST can do it, there is no way TH1 will miss it".You can check the first few pages of the Intl thread. It was also a 1 Billion OS club, which the majority joined.

Hear, hear. Overpredictors are now trying to shred evidence but those numbers were called locks.

800M was called a lock by most because "If OST can do it, there is no way TH1 will miss it".

And?

You can check the first few pages of the Intl thread. It was also a 1 Billion OS club, which the majority joined.

Joining a club is not akin to saying it's a lock. The point of a club is to be daring. Edited by Elessar

Django really has an outstanding run, but i see Tarantino sitting in his living room, questioning himself, where exactly he has become mainstream. I think deep inside he hates the success. :D

Are you kidding? He is loving it!Great success for Tarantino means one thing:More feet!