Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

Nikki's numbers are now up as well

1. The Hobbit (MGM/Wwarner Bros) Week 3 [Runs 4,100] PG13

Friday $10.0M, Est Weekend $32.5M, Est Cume $220.0M

2. Django Unchained (Sony/Weinstein) Week 1 [Runs 3,010] R

Friday $9.3M, Est Weekend $28.7M, Est Cume $59.4M

3. Les Misérables (Working Title/Universal) Week 1 [Runs 2,814] PG13

Friday $9.3M, Est Weekend $28.4M, Est Cume $66.5M

4. Parental Guidance (Walden/Fox) Week 1 [Runs 3,367] PG

Friday $5.0M, Est Weekend $14.5M, Est Cume $29.4M

5. Jack Reacher (Skydance/Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 3,352] PG13

Friday $4.5M, Est Weekend $13.2M, Est Cume $43.5M

6. This Is 40 (Universal) Week 2 [Runs 2,914] R

Friday $3.8M, Est Weekend $11.4M, Est Cume $35.3M

7. Lincoln (DreamWorks/Fox/Disney) Week 8 [Runs 1,966] PG13

Friday $2.3M, Est Weekend $7.0M, Est Cume $131.5M

8. Monsters Inc 3D (Pixar/Disney) Week 2 [Runs 2,618] G

Friday $2.3M, Est Weekend $6.5M, Est Cume $18.6M

9. The Guilt Trip (Skydance/Paramount) Week 2 [Runs 2,431] PG13

Friday $2.0M, Est Weekend $6.0M, Est Cume $20.4M

10. Rise Of The Guardians (DWA/Par) Week 5 [Runs 3,031]

Friday $1.8M, Est Weekend $5.5M, Est Cume $90.9M

This is off topic but WHY THE FUCK ISNT SOCIAL NETWORK, ONE OF THE GREATEST FILMS EVER MADE, IN THE IMDB TOP 250?!What a disgrace.

Is it the kind of film people 'fall in love with', rather than greatly admire? Because that's the only caveat for a place on that list, as far as I can tell.

This is off topic but WHY THE FUCK ISNT SOCIAL NETWORK, ONE OF THE GREATEST FILMS EVER MADE, IN THE IMDB TOP 250?!What a disgrace.

Neither is Drive. Apparently the Top 250 isn't a place for great "cool" films anymore, it's movies like TKS and Intouchables that are much more comfortable in there now.

Is it the kind of film people 'fall in love with', rather than greatly admire? Because that's the only caveat for a place on that list, as far as I can tell.

I guess you have a point, but there are quite a few more cerebral and unemotional films on the list

I`m sick so I won`t be able to follow numbers but all I can say is Fuck Yeah DU! By far the best movie of the season, deserves to have tremendous hold despite obvious disadvantages (extreme violence, shocking languge, controverisal content).TH = Saturday movie, stop fretting. What it loses on Fri it makes up on Sat.LM has burned the Mizheads demand and needs TC upgrade ot it`ll start falling harder. Everyone who wanted to see it where it was avaliable has already seen it. Plus musicals aren`t for everyone.

Edited by fishnets
  • Like 2

Fri looking like;TH1 10.6m,DJ 9.7,LM 9.3,PG 5,JR 4.5,TI40 4,LINC 2.3,Minc 2.2,GT 2.1,Sky 1.5,lop 1.1

Not much of a changeTH1 10.5,DU 9.6,LM 9.3,PG 5.1,JR 4.5,TI40 4.1,Linc 2.4, Minc 2.3,GT 2.2,ROTG, 1.8,Sky 1.5,SLP 1.3,lop 1.2 Edited by Rth
  • Like 5

Django comes out here january 18th. I'll see it after all BUT ONLY for shit-talking purposes

Dream on. You cna take shit on QT cameo which is made for shit-taking purposes. But acting and dialog are DIVINE. Best in many years. Edited by fishnets

Yojimbo is one of Kurosawa's popular action flicks, known to almost anyone who's interested in classic world cinema.A Separation and The Celebration are typical indie films and enough people have seen world wide, through limited theatrical releases, indie movie channels and DVD/Blu-ray rentals.Imdb top 250 is a popularity contest like all Internet polls for sure, but since it's world wide web, people from all over the world are voting, non Hollywood mainstream movies are bound to be in there.

Les Miz looked viable ehen it had that massive $18 million opening, but now only $9 million on Friday?Since cinephile demand burned off after its opening, it looks like WOM isn't spreading as needed to push it past $150M+, let alone the $200M+ some people are predicting.