Plain Old Tele

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

That's a nice number for Django, though I was hoping it would hit 10 million. WOM is really kicking in. Les Mis needs a big boost Saturday, but even with that number, it's still going to be one of the biggest musicals of all time.

• Founder / Operator

Any reason why Friday increases would be low?

Winter storm on the northeast coast could be a factor, but in general I think its just a matter of things balancing out. Hobbit is up Fri-to-Fri, even Legend and Narnia decreased at the same/similar points.
  • Like 1

i am a little surprise that Rise of the Guardians tanked so bad this weekend...I assume the film would be doing a litttle better on the fact that its not a real Christmas movie

What are you talking about? Rth said it did 1.8M on Friday.

i am a little surprise that Rise of the Guardians tanked so bad this weekend...I assume the film would be doing a litttle better on the fact that its not a real Christmas movie

ROTG is estimated at $1.8m (not official but I believe it will be close) which means it will have a bigger Friday compared to last weekend and there is a slight chance it increases this weekend. Not sure how you can call it "tanking" for the weekend.

ROTG is estimated at $1.8m (not official but I believe it will be close) which means it will have a bigger Friday compared to last weekend and there is a slight chance it increases this weekend. Not sure how you can call it "tanking" for the weekend.

well what do you know I was wrong I was looking at the numbers and saw it drop to like 10th