Impact

2013 Best Picture Thread

^ this

& I still blindly hope that rush gets in by some miracle :lol:

Whilst it's not popular amongst General Audience (as we do), it is very popular among critics and the fact that it got voted for Golden Globes might also help it. I say we can expect seeing it there.

Anyone else think Harvey made a big mistake by releasing his strongest movie Fruitvale Station so early on in the season? This is the sort of movie that could've gotten some awards traction if it was released in October/November. I think TWC over-estimated the strength of their awards slate. They have a lot of movies this year but nothing that truly stands out.

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1

Anyone else thinks that Harvey made a big mistake by releasing his strongest movie Fruitvale Station so early on in the season? This is the sort of movie that could've gotten some awards traction if it was released in October/November. I think TWC over-estimated the strength of their awards slate. They have a lot of movies this year but nothing that truly stands out.

Can't really blame them. Philomena, Mandela, and August seemed like the more obvious Oscar bait at the beginning of the year. And no one knew who Ryan Coogler was.

Edited by tribefan695

PGA nominees today. Should give us some idea. Personally I'm thinking Philomena is weinstein's best shot at a picture nod right now.

Well, PGA completely snubbed Harvey this year. His awards slate just isn't very good this year but yeah it is stupid to count him out so early in the season.

here's my latest round of predictions for the six top categories. taking sm banks out and putting db club in. also taking Scorsese out and putting in Spike Jonze, among other changes. Still having tough time deciding which actor gets left out in lead

http://toddmthatcher.com/2014/01/04/2014-oscar-predictions-todds-picks-for-early-january/