ChD

Weekend Estimates (ZDT $26M, GS $16.7M, AHH $17.5M)

Every film weeks online now. Doesn't change the fact that people want to still go to the movies and see them.

Apparently they've actually been surprisingly scarce this year. Most films reportedly didn't leak until this week.

Apparently they've actually been surprisingly scarce this year. Most films reportedly didn't leak until this week.

ZDT was on line last week and same with some other smaller ones.

Which is actually pretty good all the movies were online by early December last year.

Piracy really makes it hard to compare adjusted grosses. Considering how much Avatar made and yet it was the most pirated movie ever at the time.

WOM is strong on it. I just don't understand this lax attitude for FOX. When you factor in it lost over 21% theaters, the hold is pretty similar to Lincoln and SLP as both got expansions this weekend. Pretty freaking stupid by FOX.

They are expanding LoP again for MLK.

They are expanding LoP again for MLK.

Okay but why not have any foresight? I was thinking 8 to 9 noms and surely FOX had to have some inkling. They're either stupid or don't care. Neither looks flattering.MLK weekend expansion will help but I'm just pissed at the carefree attitude of FOX. It actually makes the nominations even stand out more as the clearly weren't pushing it.

Okay but why not have any foresight? I was thinking 8 to 9 noms and surely FOX had to have some inkling. They're either stupid or don't care. Neither looks flattering.MLK weekend expansion will help but I'm just pissed at the carefree attitude of FOX. It actually makes the nominations even stand out more as the clearly weren't pushing it.

Fox says they couldn`t prevent theater loss this week. I didn`t quite remember details but they seem pissed off too.

If JR and SLP both finish over TC3D this weekend, TC3D will finish out of Top-10!Has it ever happened before that a movie is #1 one weekend and out of Top-10 the next?

That would be epic collapse and highly doubt this has ever happened before.BO.com Weekend estimates are up.http://www.boxoffice.com/statistics/bo_numbers/early_estimate/2013-01-12