ChD

Weekend Estimates (ZDT $26M, GS $16.7M, AHH $17.5M)

Given that the film had already been out in its biggest markets, that's a solid OD for ZDT. Social Network is a nice comparison and ZDT has a nice headstart. Sad but expected for Django. I don't see 170 but 150-160 is no small feat.

This is actually a pretty good weekend, considering it's January and football is in full swing.

meh weekend

Three R-rated openers all took business from each other and from Django Unchained. Taken individually, none of the numbers is fantastic, but taken as a whole, it still seems pretty decent.

I`m not upset about DU drop because DU would have profited more from Leo nom. Much more marketable plus he is the second biggest draw to see the movie after QT. Drop would have bene better if he`d been nominated. SLP, LInc,etc are getting bumps because their main stars are nominated, not just some character actors known for one role.

If JR and SLP both finish over TC3D this weekend, TC3D will finish out of Top-10!Has it ever happened before that a movie is #1 one weekend and out of Top-10 the next?

wow, that'd be somethingI haven't seen either but given the choice between two terribly-reviewed movies, I'd much rather see Haunted House than Chainsaw 3D. Haunted House is the type of movie where I kind of expect it to be terrible, yet still worth a laugh every now and then.

I`m not upset about DU drop because DU would have profited more from Leo nom. Much more marketable plus he is the second biggest draw to see the movie after QT. Drop would have bene better if he`d been nominated. SLP, LInc,etc are getting bumps because their main stars are nominated, not just some character actors known for one role.

This, after noms I wasn't expecting an Oscar bump. It failed to get the crucial noms that would've given it a big bump namely Leo and Director.

This, after noms I wasn't expecting an Oscar bump. It failed to get the crucial noms that would've given it a big bump namely Leo and Director.

What was the biggest Oscar story anyways? I want to say it was Affleck and Bigelow not getting nominated. I think that overshadowed the stuff that actually was nominated.
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if Hobbit increases 100% today and starts playing solely like a family film. Obviously adults are losing interest over all the Oscar movies (and Gangster Squad). I still think 300 will fall.

What was the biggest Oscar story anyways? I want to say it was Affleck and Bigelow not getting nominated. I think that overshadowed the stuff that actually was nominated.

I'd say Haneke and Amour scoring 5 nom including Picture, and Director. That's huge. Also Life of Pi over performed, 11 noms. SLP became the first movie since Reds to score in all 4 acting categories. Beasts also over performed. 4 nods including Picture and Director.