Gopher

Your Top 10 of the Decade-So-Far

I've always considered decades to be 2000-2009, 2010-2019 and so on.True Grit is a great, great film yet it's not even in my top five for Coens. I think those two have produced more masterpieces than any American filmmaker working today, though a case could be made for Tarantino and Paul Thomas Anderson.

And the Coens are incredibly overrated to me. I loathe No Country more than any other Best Picture winner ever, and Fargo is one giant bore to me. I do like The Big Lebowski though, but again I think it's overrated. I'm also not a Western fan, so the fact that I love True Grit as much as I do has always shocked me given it's in one of my least favorite genres and by directors I normally don't like. I can just watch that movie over and over though and it never gets old. I think it's something about the dialouge and all the great performances and characters in it that really hook me everytime.
  • Like 1

Since every list is including 2010 films I'll assume that is the starting point:3. A Prophet

A Prophet is a 2010 film? I thought it was 2009... It might make my top 10, might. Edited by riczhang

I considered Prophet to be 2009 but it might make my list as well. At least my honorable mentions.

And the Coens are incredibly overrated to me. I loathe No Country more than any other Best Picture winner ever, and Fargo is one giant bore to me. I do like The Big Lebowski though, but again I think it's overrated.

I cringed while reading this. :lol: I adore No Country, Fargo, Big Lebowski, O Brother, A Serious Man, Barton Fink, and Miller's Crossing. Even a misfire like Intolerable Cruelty is still a good movie.
  • Like 4

15. Holy Motors14. Beasts of the Southern Wild13. The Avengers12. A Separation11. The King's Speech10. The Cabin in the Woods9. Amour8. The Intouchables7. Life of Pi6. The Tree of Life5. True Grit4. Midnight in Paris3. Exit Through the Gift Shop2. Inception1. The Social Network

• Like 1

10) The Crazies9) Love and Other Drugs8) Rise of the Planet of the Apes7) Barney's Version6) Inception5) Crazy Stupid Love4) The King's Speech3) Argo2) The Perks of Being a Wallflower1) Silver Linings Playbook

Edited by baumer
  • Like 1

10) The Crazies9) Love and Other Drugs8) Rise of the Planet of the Apes7) Barney's Version6) Midnight in Paris5) Crazy Stupid Love4) The King's Speech3) Argo2) The Perks of Being a Wallflower1) Silver Linings Playbook

Hey, theres a couple of movies I like too in there.
  • Like 1

A Prophet is a 2010 film? I thought it was 2009... It might make my top 10, might.

Released in the US on Feb. 26, 2010, so I count it as 2010 since as an American, I judge film years by domestic release.http://www.imdb.com/...166/releaseinfo Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1