baumer

Monday Numbers ERC

IMO, this is the worst case scenario for the movie. if it was a juggernaut, fanboys would be insufferable. if it was a real flop, they would be insufferable with "misunderstood masterpiece,will become a classic like Shawshenk and Blade Runner" bullshit. This wa, neither a flop nor a pehonmemon, it`s going to be forgotten faster and hopefully other 2 movies don`t do any better either. Little worse would be preferable becasue Bloom, Lilly and Turner deserve to end up doing Yogurt voiceivers like Lisa Kudrow.

Don't you fucking dare insult Lisa Kudrow.

He really is hideous. He's lucky he's not a woman or no matter how talented (and he is), he wouldn't have landed a single job.

He's hideous by American movie star standards but I've watched a lot of british tv and there are far worse than him. Toby Jones and Timothy Spall come to mind.
  • Like 2

It's incredible how we attack actresses we don't find attractive. "How is she getting big roles? I wouldn't fuck her so fuck her!"

I only get annoyed when they cast her in sexy type roles like in TDK. I don't have anything against unattractive actresses getting roles. Only unattractive actresses getting attractive roles. :P

Meryl Streep for example was never very attractive, imo, but she never tried to play those kinds of roles either. And thus she gets acclaim as one of the greatest actresses ever, opposed to if she had tried to play sex symbols people would probably attack her left and right.

Wait, who ever labeled the Rachel Dawes role as "sexy type"?

Who ever labelled the superhero role as the muscle bound strong type? It's just the way it is. Superheros and their girlfriends are expected to meet a certain attractive image. It's all part of the silver screen fantasy that popcorn flicks like that create. Average looking people are for movies about real life. Movie stars are for blockbusters. That's the way it is, and that's what a lot of people expect. Edited by HobbitMan89
  • Like 1

I'm just sorry people are still scarred from seeing her in Dark Knight. I had no idea it would leave such a mark.

Not scarred, just amused. Especially when the screenplay specifically calls out the character's beauty. And I quote:

Joker to Rachael: "Well hello gorgeous. And you are gorgeous."

Lol.

• Like 1