BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

14 hours ago, Aristis said:

Is this for real? I can't really remember the spanish run but that is extremely impressive. It nearly doubled after that rather low WE 😮

Bohemian rhapsody has some of the most impressive late legs for sure,it just keep going up and down for months and award season propel that further.

Just like BR in Germany, the film was initially thought will be stop at around 2.75m admission after 2 months in theater but somehow can leg it out to 3.6m+

1 hour ago, peludo said:

Yes. It still had a 5th and 6th weekend over 1 million, finishing 6th weekend with €18.7m. And after that another 6 weekends in a row over €500k thanks to Holiday period. And then some late legs thanks to awards season. It was a monster. It ranks #15 all time.

31 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Bohemian rhapsody has some of the most impressive late legs for sure,it just keep going up and down for months and award season propel that further.

Just like BR in Germany, the film was initially thought will be stop at around 2.75m admission after 2 months in theater but somehow can leg it out to 3.6m+

I really don't know why I can't remember that it was that big in Spain. But maybe the movie had just too many out of this world runs (Italy, Netherlands, Czech republic...) to be remembered :D

It's nice that Joker is at least a little brother. And this time it gets to the Billion.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

It says here 62% more than first day last year in October, is my translation right ?

Also 547.015 spectator for the first day.

Yes, it is correct.

The first tweet says: "Yesterday, 547,015 people were to theaters."

The second one:

"Success of "Fiesta del Cine""

"547,015 admissions is a 22% higher than Monday of May 2019 Fiesta del Cine edition

And it is a 62% higher than Monday of October 2019 Fiesta del Cine edition, as you well said."

"It is also the second biggest Monday of any Fiesta del Cine edition."

I add that it is just behind of October 2016 ("A monster calls" was the hit in that edition):

Monday: about 615k admissions

Tuesday: about 930k

Wednesday: about 1.050m

Total: 2,598,958 admissions

The data I give do not sum up the total (nearly 2.6m), which is the official data. I have not been able to find exact data for each day of that edition, but those could be the numbers.

Said this, we could see a huge admissions boost for every film.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Top 10 weekend (official):

1. Joker: €2,142,037 (€20.4m cume / 3.29 million admissions)

2. Maleficent 2: €1,799,290 (€5.58m cume)

3. Addams Family: €1,277,804

4. Mientras dure la guerra: €704,537 (€7.62m cume)

5. El silencio de la ciudad blanca: €652,354

6. Abominable: €495,115

7. Zombieland: €317,292

8. Gemini Man: €279,585

9. A rainy day in New York: €221,024

10. Parasite: €179,162

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

It is a bigger figure than any Tuesday of any Fiesta del Cine since October 2016 (more than 900k admissions).

The cume of 1,276,638 implies that Monday number has increased to 554,196.

I can say I saw Joker yesterday. My showtime was over 90% full.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, peludo said:

It is a bigger figure than any Tuesday of any Fiesta del Cine since October 2016 (more than 900k admissions).

The cume of 1,276,638 implies that Monday number has increased to 554,196.

I can say I saw Joker yesterday. My showtime was over 90% full.

From that top 10 weekend, Joker is 26% of all top 10. So with all movies probably Joker is 20-25% of total admission right ? Or can we expect bigger percentage for Joker if it's festival like this ?

36 minutes ago, RJ 95 said:

From that top 10 weekend, Joker is 26% of all top 10. So with all movies probably Joker is 20-25% of total admission right ? Or can we expect bigger percentage for Joker if it's festival like this ?

As @ScareLol has said, we can expect that 25-30% of admissions for Joker. Today will be the best day of the whole period. With about 2 million admissions for the whole 3 days period, 500k would be for Joker, so about 3.7 million before the weekend and over 4 million by Sunday.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

Pre-sales for tomorrow with 5 new films and 1 film expanding (Parasite). Films are being released on a Thursday because November 1st is All Saints Day (National Holiday). My cinema only has showtimes for tomorrow so expect low pre-sales:

Terminator: Dark Fate (11 shows): 49 tickets sold

Genysis OW was 1.2M 4 years ago in the middle of July. John Wick 3 sold 48 tickets and it did 700K OW but Terminator has a bit more hype and fandom is bigger. 1M (3-day), 1.2M (4-day)

Doctor Sleep (10 Shows): 0 tickets sold

Marketing is on fire right now for this with posters around Madrid and ads on YouTube and TV. We don't have comps but this could play well because Halloween is tomorrow so 1M (3-day), 1.15M (4-day)

La Trinchera Infinita (3 Shows): 0 tickets sold

Spanish film raved by critics with the directors of Loreak and Handia (critically acclaimed Basque films). Hype is a bit muted in the general public and the film is really long (145 mins). It will crash with Mientras Dure La Guerra for that historical target. 300K (3-day), 360K (4-day)

Shaun The Sheep: Farmageddon (2 Shows): 2 tickets sold

The first one did 700K 4 years ago and this has less hype and the comps are saying 200K but that is too low. 500K would be optimal for the weekend, 540K 4-day

Sorry We Missed You (5 Shows): 0 tickets sold

Ken Loach's new film goes small for the weekend so out of Top 10, €1K PTA or less.

Parasite (4 Shows): 0 tickets sold

This will have really long legs because the WOM is amazing right now. We can expect another good PTA for the second weekend and Top 10. €200K possible

Joker could stay at #1 and Maleficent at #2. Let's see how the two biggest films do tomorrow for a better perspective into this long weekend

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2