BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

PRE-SALES FOR STAR WARS: TROS (THURSDAY)

4 theaters tracked - 4.970/9.209 tickets (53,97% sold)

Well, this is the second biggest numbers I've ever seen since I started tracking. This blows TLK out of the water (TLK sold 658 tickets compared to 2.095 tickets for TROS in the theater I tracked TLK). EndGame sold 2.836 tickets with 3.906 seats available (72.66%). TFA did 8.65M (4-day) and TLJ did €7.31M so my prediction is €7.85M for the 4-day release comparing to EndGame.

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Joker becomes 10th highest grossing in Spain collecting €29.87 million, beating Avengers:Endgame ^_^

Joker (€29.87 million) overtook Avengers: Endgame (€29.19 million) and The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (€29.76 million) to become 10th highest grossing film of all time in Spain.

Linkhttps://www.taquillaespana.es/news/joker-se-convierte-en-la-decima-pelicula-mas-taquillera-de-la-historia

Edited by Bart Allen
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2

Spain is no different with TROS coming with €6.9M (6% less than TLJ). Lucrative holidays are coming with multiple shows filling up already for the entire week. Let's see what kind of legs TROS will have

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

TROS debuts with €5.4M (3-day). Pretty frontloaded if you ask me with €6.9M (4-day). Rest of Top 5 suffers small drops and French comedy Dios Mio Pero Que Te Hemos Hecho Ahora debuts with ok numbers (the first one did €8.78M 5 years ago)

Edited by ScareLol
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, ScareLol said:

TROS debuts with €5.4M (3-day). Pretty frontloaded if you ask me with €6.9M (4-day). Rest of Top 5 suffers small drops and French comedy Dios Mio Pero Que Te Hemos Hecho Ahora debuts with ok numbers (the first one did €8.78M 5 years ago)

Really good drop for frozen 2 no ? how much could it add now ? And TROS ?

Films are being released tomorrow with 4 new releases (3 of them are going wide). I don't have comparisons because OD is Christmas Day so I will only post the number of tickets sold

LITTLE WOMEN - 367/1.930 (19.01% sold from 4 theaters)

Checking the theaters, the big one (1.408 tickets) is dragging the totals. The other three have 80% sold for tomorrow across all of them. This is looking strong

CATS - 113/1.922 (5,87% sold from 4 theaters)

The nightmare inducing musical is looking pretty rough with only one of the 4 theaters doing bussiness. This will flop 

SPIES IN DISGUISE - 115/1.926 (5,97% sold from 4 theaters)

Walk-ups will help the film but I don't see hype as of now and marketing is pretty much muted. SW and Frozen will eat this alive I think

LA VERITE - 0/90 (1 theater)

Koreeda's new film is released in small scale. Small numbers are expected

I think cinemas will change showtimes this upcoming weekend to give more screens for LITTLE WOMEN

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Dios Mio Pero Que Te Hemos Hecho Ahora also opened here this December. The first one was a massive word of mouth hit that pulled like a 10x multiplier. This one opened with the same as the first one here, but I doubt it will come close to it in total.

• Like 2

On 12/27/2019 at 12:35 AM, CJohn said:

Dios Mio Pero Que Te Hemos Hecho Ahora also opened here this December. The first one was a massive word of mouth hit that pulled like a 10x multiplier. This one opened with the same as the first one here, but I doubt it will come close to it in total.

The first one was a solid comedy and WOM was great. This is a much worse film than the first one and it's WOM is good, but not great. Let's see if it can reach 5-6M

8 hours ago, LPLC said:

Do you have informations about Frozen 2 and TROS in Spain ? Final cume predictions ?

We don't have numbers for Spain every day, only when BOReport posts them so on Sunday we should have them

Yesterday's Top 10 with La Verite entering at #10. LW and SiD doing good and CATS flopping

6 hours ago, ScareLol said:

The first one was a solid comedy and WOM was great. This is a much worse film than the first one and it's WOM is good, but not great. Let's see if it can reach 5-6M

Yeah, I saw it, and it is a very weak comedy compared to the first one. Clearly they didn't had any good ideas for a sequel. Everything feels very forced but the first one was a gigantic hit not only in France but all over Europe so they had to make a sequel.

• Like 1

On 12/27/2019 at 7:35 AM, CJohn said:

The first one was genuinely good and funny, a rare European sensation. 

• Like 1

Pre-sales with 5 new releases:

The Grudge - 18/751 (2,39% sold from 3 theaters)

Richard Jewell - 48/1.458 (3,29% sold from 4 theaters)

The Officer and the Spy - 27/657 (4,11% sold from 3 theaters)

El Silencio del Pantano - 18/727 (2,48% sold from 3 theaters)

La Gallina Turuleca - 27/376 (7,18% sold from 3 theaters)

Pretty poor for all of them

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1