BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Pre-sales for tomorrow with 3 new theaters added to the tracking. Only one of them has 5 releases, the other three have Last Christmas and Knives Out. Comps will be based on only the theater I've tracked for 1 year, the other ones will be used in the near future for comparisons. We could see lower numbers because Black Friday promos are everywhere with tickets at 5€

KNIVES OUT - 173/2.543 tickets (6.80% sold)

My theater sold 77 tickets with 1.680 available. The best comparison here I think is Ford v Ferrari which sold 36 tickets for a €743K OW. That comp has KO at 1.58M but that is a bit high if we compare other films like Ad Astra that lowers the comp to 1.46M. Let's put €1.2M OW for KO with a breakout possibility. The other 3 theaters have solid pre-sales for the film (around 10% sold)

LAST CHRISTMAS - 138/1.861 tickets (8,21% sold)

The film is flopping at my theater with only 22 tickets sold out of 965 but it's doing pretty good on the other 3 I've tracked. I don't have a comp for the film given the theme so my prediction is going to be a bit off. 850K OW

WEATHERING WITH YOU - 26/300 tickets (8.66% sold)

Japanese Anime film from Makoto Shinkai (Your Name). It's being released on 170 theaters with limited showings. Your Name grossed €1.6K PTA 3 years ago on 92 theaters. Let's low that down to 1.1K PTA for 187K with a possible surprise to gross more.

LA ODISEA DE LOS GILES - 3/664 tickets (0.45% sold)

Argentinian-Spanish film starring Ricardo Darín and Chino Darín. It won't do too much noise at the BO this weekend. 100 theaters are showing the film. +€130K OW

LA HIJA DE UN LADRÓN - 0/510 tickets (0% sold)

Spanish small film. Out of Top 10

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I will post pre-sales tomorrow at evening (I have the data at 0AM as always). Films are releasing on a Thursday because we have a 4-day holiday (Friday to Monday). They are so poor everywhere, Charlie's Angels and Midway have the most pre-sales of the releases, so there's that.

Edited by ScareLol
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, LPLC said:

What can we expect about frozen 2 box office (admissions and euro) in Spain this week end and for final cume ?

We could see 3M for the weekend or even an small increase. 25-27M€ could be the target for the film

Update on yesterday's pre-sales. They are so low so this weekend could be difficult to predict

CHARLIE'S ANGELS - 45/2.437 (1.18% sold from 4 theaters)

This is so low that it's embarrasing. 700-800K OW

MIDWAY - 53/2.069 (2.03% sold from 4 theaters)

Another underperformance is coming for Midway. 600-700K OW

LEGADO DE LOS HUESOS - 35/2.180 (1,60% sold from 4 theaters)

Second part of Spanish trilogy Baztan. The first part grossed 1.2M OW so a 1.2M OW is a good prediction

THE GOOD LIAR - 14/1.332 (1,05% from 3 theaters)

Helen Mirren and Ian McKellen film. Low pre-sales are expected for an adult skewing film. Low Top 10 could be achievable (200K OW)

THE TRAITOR - 0/360 (0% from 1 theater)

Italian Gangster film. Out of Top 10

BAYALA - 8/524 (1,52% from 4 theaters)

German animated film. The film has limited shows but the release is a bit big (127 theaters). Out of Top 10

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ScareLol said:

Frozen, Si Yo Fuera Rico and Knives Out increase from last weekend. New entries underperforming (Legado) and Charlie's Angels numbers are as expected

Frozen did €3.1m last weekend. It has dropped about a 10%.

For those who do not know, Friday was national holiday, and today, Monday, is holiday in 8 regions out of 17. This explains the good holds.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, peludo said:

For those who do not know, Friday was national holiday, and today, Monday, is holiday in 8 regions out of 17. This explains the good holds.

2 hours ago, peludo said:

You are right, I thought the film did 2.7 last week

Pre-sales for tomorrow (4 theaters tracked) with 4 new releases)

- JUMANJI 3 (4 theaters) - 887/6.339 (13,36% sold from 4 theaters)

This seems solid with evening shows starting to sold out in 3 theaters. Late nights are muted as of now. Detective Pikachu comp is at 2.54M, Alita comp at 1.99M. The first one did 1.24M with one of the days being Christmas Eve. With French numbers out, an +55% increase and the Alita comparation, let's put Jumanji 3 at a cautious 2.1M OW.

- BLACK CHRISTMAS - 33/1.598 (2.06% sold from 4 theaters)

The comp here is MA which did 400K last June. Promo is a bit muted and reviews are expected to be bad so 300-350K OW is a reasonable number

- PROXIMA - 0/450 (1 theater)

Small French film with Eva Green starring. Out of Top 10

- LES BONES INTENTIONES - 0/750 (1 theater)

Another small French film. Out of Top 10

• Like 4

3 hours ago, RJ 95 said:

Just want to ask if El Clasico match usually impact BO or not ? As tomorrow is the first time i think in a long long time it take on weekdays rather than weekend. 

I think football impacts BO pretty much. Tomorrow is still a slow day because schools aren't out yet (This Friday). For example, Fiesta del Cine two years ago was impacted heavily by Champions League semi-finals

• Like 2