riczhang

19th SAG Awards (Winners in 1st Post) Skyfall wins Stunt Ensemble

I honestly think that this could play out like this:

Picture: Argo

Director: Haneke, Amour (If he wins BAFTA which I think he will)

Actor: DDL, Lincoln

Actress: Riva, Amour (Again hinges on BAFTA)

SActor: Jones, Lincoln

SActress: Hathaway, Les Miserables

OScreenplay: Haneke, Amour (They'll want to reward it somewhere in addition to Foreign Language. They loved the film too much to only give it only Foreign Language)

AScreenplay: Terrio, Argo or Kushner, Lincoln. Flip a Coin

Besides Picture and SActress, that would be the worst case scenario for me.

Those of u pooping on Amour havent seen it....and if u have and u really truly dont think Rivas performance is oscar worthy then it makes me question your love for film at all.

• Like 2

I don't see the logic. I get the sympathy voting for Affleck. He might even win at the BAFTA (won't) and DGA, but how does it apply to the AMPAS? I mean they are the ones who snubbed him. Argo only got 5 noms, so clearly isn't that loved. I'm not saying it can't win, but it's strange to shout it for the lead. With the timing of the voting it was pretty clear that all the pre-award shows that mattered before won't this year, the AMPAS will make their own picks. The only award that will have an impact on the Oscar race is the best actress and director winner at the BAFTA and the DGA is it's not Affleck. If Spielberg wins the DGA it will sweep the Oscar. 

Edited by Alfred Unchained

This is interesting. Imma wait until after DGA/BAFTA until I switch to team Argo. Though this winning ensemble is a bigger boost than a movie like The Help winning ensemble last year because this clearly didn't have the best ensemble and actors just wanted to award the movie.Been holding off for a while but definitely seems like TLJ is gonna win the oscar now. Damn... *jonesface*

I don't see the logic. I get the sympathy voting for Affleck. He might even win at the BAFTA (won't) and DGA, but how does it apply to the AMPAS? I mean they are the ones who snubbed him. Argo only got 5 noms, so clearly isn't that loved. I'm not saying it can't win, but it's strange to shout it for the lead. With the timing of the voting it was pretty clear that all the pre-award shows that mattered before won't this year, the AMPAS will make their own picks. The only award that will have an impact on the Oscar race is the best actress and director winner at the BAFTA and the DGA is it's not Affleck. If Spielberg wins the DGA it will sweep the Oscar. 

Argo got 7 noms.

Best Picture Nomination:6000 voters

Best Director Nomination:350 voters.....

Those of u pooping on Amour havent seen it....and if u have and u really truly dont think Rivas performance is oscar worthy then it makes me question your love for film at all.

I won't poop on the film or those who have seen it and liked it.  But a film like Amour just doesn't appeal to me.

I won't poop on the film or those who have seen it and liked it.  But a film like Amour just doesn't appeal to me.

I understand completely what you mean.  It's not the kind of film that will make you want to run out and see it.  I forced myself to see it.  But just watch it for the performances.  Both are incredible, but Riva's imo is legendary.