CoolioD1

House of Cards (K̶̷e̶̷v̶̷i̶̷n̶̷ ̶̷S̶̷p̶̷a̶̷c̶̷e̶̷y̶̷ Robin Wright)

I'm a bit confused, maybe I need to finish the series first, but did Francis plan this WHOLE thing from the getgo? Run Peter Russo for governor, purposefully sabotage him, convince the VP to run, and then jockey himself in position for VP nomination? Or did they sabotage Russo's campaign only as a result of the bill failing and Russo going rogue? Did he expect Claire to sink the bill? Because he talks about his months of planning coming to fruition but he can't possibly have planned each of these events? The murder, obviously, was improvised but was the plan always for Russo to tank as a candidate? And ultimately is he trying to ruin the president and Linda for screwing him on SOS? So many questions!!

And 2 more episodes left so maybe I should shutup :D

The plan was always for Russo's campaign to get sabotaged, but the bill getting torpedoed was an anomaly (Stamper says when Francis tells him to start the sabotage that it's a bit early). They wanted to make Russo the frontrunner for sure with the successful bill so that when his campaign tanked it was absolutely necessary for the VP to take the job.

Russo going rogue accelerated their plan by a couple weeks.

• Like 1

Finished last night. What a cliff hanger ending.

I hope Francis gets confirmed as VP before Zoe has a chance to blow the lid off the Russo connection.

They left so much stuff open for next season. You know somebody- Zoe, Claire, Christina- will find out that Russo's death was a murder and not a suicide. Or maybe Janine or Zoe's new boyfriend finds out but gets taken out before they can tell anyone. The possibilities.

Suppose we'll be waiting a year for the new season?

Finished last night. What a cliff hanger ending.

I hope Francis gets confirmed as VP before Zoe has a chance to blow the lid off the Russo connection.

They left so much stuff open for next season. You know somebody- Zoe, Claire, Christina- will find out that Russo's death was a murder and not a suicide. Or maybe Janine or Zoe's new boyfriend finds out but gets taken out before they can tell anyone. The possibilities.

Suppose we'll be waiting a year for the new season?

I think they start filming Season 2 in April.

I expect some bit of news will emerge that will muddy up the confirmation process but Francis should be able to outmanuver the three journalists.

• Like 1

I think they start filming Season 2 in April.

I expect some bit of news will emerge that will muddy up the confirmation process but Francis should be able to outmanuver the three journalists.

Yeah. I don't see him not becoming VP. The whole trajectory of the show/goal of Francis seems to become president one day so he'll find a way in. And to have a murderer as sitting VP, now that's intriguing.

My expectation is that the first part of Season 2 will be Francis finding a way to extricate himself from whatever mess the three journalists cause and get confirmed as VP. Then the rest of the Season will move on to the next arc, whatever it is (just like the first half of Season 1 was the education bill and the second half was Russo's campaign and then the VP plan).

I think Francis will eventually try to manufacture a way to remove Walker from the presidency (impeachment somehow) but I think Season 2 is too soon for that.

• Like 1

Where does Linda come in? Does he still hate her? They seem to be co-conspirators these days.

I think he was using her to get into the VP conversation. He definitely will turn on her because her betrayal probably stings him more than Walker as he got her hired by Walker and she didn't even give him a heads-up of the Secretary of State issue.

• Like 1

I think he was using her to get into the VP conversation. He definitely will turn on her because her betrayal probably stings him more than Walker as he got her hired by Walker and she didn't even give him a heads-up of the Secretary of State issue.

Ah. It's always hard to remember details from the first episode. I remember the SOS betrayal of course but I didn't know that he helped Linda to get her job.

Damn, that shit was so good. I'm sad I left it for so long to finish. Spacey, Wright, and Stoll all deserve Emmy nods, with Spacey deserving a win. Hopefully it can get a Drama nom as well.

Just finished watching. Overall I liked it. Anytime Spacey was on screen the show was at another level. And the Peter Russo stuff was great. But anything with the female characters outside of acting with Spacey just fell flat, especially the storylines involving Robin Wright who did an admirable job but I just didn't care. Though she is now on my underrated list

• Like 1