CoolioD1

House of Cards (K̶̷e̶̷v̶̷i̶̷n̶̷ ̶̷S̶̷p̶̷a̶̷c̶̷e̶̷y̶̷ Robin Wright)

After Season 2 had Frank never with any serious opposition, Season 3 went the opposite way and made every single thing just go plain wrong, just so the plot could pile on even if it resulted in characters suddenly completely changing their arcs and behavior.

For example, Dunbar suddenly, with no build-up or depth to it, suddenly decides to go for the lowest of the low personal attacks with the abortion journal. This with her trying to take as high a road as possible in the debate the prior episode.

Or Claire, who goes from frustrated yet ultimately resolved to suddenly having a mid-life crisis, doubting everything about her relationship, and then walking out on Frank.

Doug's arc was a mix of good stuff with very frustrating stuff. I did like that the season implied that Frank needed him as much as Claire, given how much things fucked up with him on the sidelines.

I couldn't believe that Frank could get hoodwinked by Petrov and bullied into folding, not after how deftly they outmanuevered him in their prior dealings.

The music had some weird moments to it, with a lot of melodramatic female choir vocalizing at the strangest points (like when Claire is cooking eggs).

Watched the first two seasons over the last 10 days... have a major lack of sleep now ;)

What great television.

I think what really makes it for me is Robin Wright, though. She is a more interesting, more subtle, more realistic and more intelligent version of Cersei Lannister.

Actually, in general HoC is in many ways  what GoT often pretends to be.  :ph34r:

• Like 2

Just finished the season. I have some mixed thoughts about it. There was more good “drama” than usual, but ultimately, all the developments with Claire didn’t really take hold until the last episode. I enjoyed it still, but really, it felt like a filler season to me to set up juicy stuff in season 4. 

Michael Kelly was MVP tho, even with his stuff getting some shitty writing at points. Biggest issue was the Mendoza asspull; so much build-up and dispatched off-screen. WTF?

Edited by Blankments

Just finished the season. I have some mixed thoughts about it. There was more good “drama” than usual, but ultimately, all the developments with Claire didn’t really take hold until the last episode. I enjoyed it still, but really, it felt like a filler season to me to set up juicy stuff in season 4. 

Michael Kelly was MVP tho, even with his stuff getting some shitty writing at points. Biggest issue was the Mendoza asspull; so much build-up and dispatched off-screen. WTF?

Yep. Mendoza's exit was hysterical. (I'm assuming the actor had other obligations).

• Like 1

So claire is going to leave frank? Just read comment spoiling this ; I'm on episode 10 right now

After all the blah blah of them being a team

Petrov is an asshole like his real life version

doug has me feeling jittery like I'm not sure where the shoe will drop with him plus is that girl really dead?

also shame on remy and jackie sacrificing their feelings on the grinding block of politics .

Hmm... loved much about Season 3.

Though some of the "forbidden fun" was missing as everything seemed to go wrong this year and it was a bit frustrating that Claire and Frank have this huge Tibetian-getting-back-together episode only to have Claire freak out again. She is imho by far the best character on the show... so it was hard for me to enjoy especially the last episode with her doubting it all.

I hope they will not have them start fighting each other in Season 4, using their knowledge against each other. That just won't work. They have to stay a team or the show will fail, imho.

I had hoped for the book to get released in the end and be the surprise turn-around for Frank in the polls, as the media and voters start loving the story of the "atomium of politics" making it possible for Frank to make Claire a minister in his post-election cabinet.

Another problem of the season was the immense time spent on Rachel towards the end only to make no real difference. It would have been better had Gavin's story been real.

Edited by ShouldIBeHere