baumer

4 day weekend estimates (Feb 15-18) pg 13

Was about time for The Hobbit to pass $300M... It's a wonder it reached that.

$1B is out of play, I think.

May DoS and TABA fail to hit $300 mio dom and $1 billion WW. Die Tauriel die! You`ll never be 22 again Granny! You`ll never have Oscar noms! Tauriel suck! Katniss rocks! JLaw FTW!

Edited by fishnets

So I didn't see Bullet to the Head's updated number but I'm guessing it's still under $10m dom total? 

Which would mean it, Parker and Last Stands entire domestic cume to date hasn't done what AGDtDH made in 4 days.

At least one of the Expendables did well. 

At least the other two Expendables guys gave us good films, and not uninspired garbage like DH5.

At least the other two Expendables guys gave us good films, and not uninspired garbage like DH5.

Parker....inspring?

Last Stand...inspring?

Bullet to the Head....see where I'm going here.

Did you see these all, I did. While I had fun at them to call them inspiring is laughable and I have to believe only done so in order to hate on DH5. Which, did you see it?

• Like 1

I thought Last Stand was shit...Bullet was fine, but not much better than DH5 imo and Parker was fun....in fact the only one of the four I really hated  was TLS.

Edited by baumer

On the contrary i enjoyed The Last Stand the most. Actually i thought it was the only one that achieved its goal and reached close to its limitations. It was more well-crafted and more entertaining.

I thought that Parker was one of the lesser Statham films. Bullet to the Head was pretty decent but it screamed straight-to-DVD at times and i pretty much hated Die Hard 5. I'm a big fan of the series but it was a big let down for me.

But we all got are own opinions so it's cool.

B-movie action films are pretty much dead right now unfortunately. A franchise like The Expendables will do fine but nothing "original" or a star-action-vehicle has much of a chance right now. Die Hard's performance is probably because people weren't really excited after the fourth one and the new one didn't look as appealing. Reviews hurt it also.

^^^

LVorDH though was wildly successful from a numbers perspective. Online is the ONLY place I hear hate for LVorDH. ONLY PLACE.

It also has a great critic AND audience score at RT.

I do not buy the argument that LVorDH damaged the franchise. I wouldn't argue against AGDtDH though even though I largely liked it. 

• Like 1

^^^

LVorDH though was wildly successful from a numbers perspective. Online is the ONLY place I hear hate for LVorDH. ONLY PLACE.

It also has a great critic AND audience score at RT.

I do not buy the argument that LVorDH damaged the franchise. I wouldn't argue against AGDtDH though even though I largely liked it. 

No i didn't say hate. I don't think it was hated either. Whoever says it was hated is probably overreacting. I just don't think that it was that memorable or exciting enough so people would return no matter what. And i don't think it gained any more fans.

But you 're right about the critic and audience score. I can't argue with that. Maybe i'm with the wrong people but no one i know really loved it. Most thought it was decent or disappointing.Of course I don't know anyone who hated it either.

Wrong. Last Stand and Bullet were entertaining. They were low budget, action B-movies. Not much going, but did the bare minimum. Die Hard 5 however were plain awful. It had nothing to do with the franchise, it's completely killed the franchise as well.

I won't say this one is perfect, I admit it's got issues. I want people to keep this mind since I'm one of a few standing up for it.So when did the franchise "die" exactly. Back at those other forums I used to post I recall people saying how DH3(Vengeance) was such a departure that the franchise was dead then. This was when LVoDH was nearing release.So, then when LVorDH opened low and behold THIS film was the one that killed the franchise and now suddenly maybe Vengeance wasn't so bad. I mean, it had the Gruber connection for he DH1 fanatics who want no change in things to cling to.Now, with AGDtDH out it seems that this film is now, finally(?), the film that kills the DH franchise cause it's just so bad and has nothing to make it a "Die Hard" film [insert personal reason(s) here]. These statements are just laughable....maybe I've just been online too long, for too many years, that the hyperbole is making me crazy. Edited by Captain Craig

Live Free or Die Hard is one of best action movies I have ever seen. There. I said it. I was 13 when I went to see it in theaters and I was blown away.

Feels good to say the truth sometimes.

Live Free or Die Hard is one of the best and only action movies I have ever seen. There. I said it. I was 13 when I went to see it in theaters and I was blown away.

Feels good to say the truth sometimes.

Fixed. Your post makes a little more sense to me now.