baumer

A Good Day to Die Hard (Die Hard 5)

39 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

That opening car "chase" may have been my least favorite action scene. Moore's frantic, coked-out direction and choppy editing is so damn obnoxious. Nearly gave me a headache. Also, there's a lot to knock but I have one specific gripe: Did they cut out a fight scene at the end with the muscle-head Russian in the helicopter? Why show him like that then do absolutely nothing with him?

There's not much else I can add to what's been said: It's a turrible movie.

It's even worse seeing it on an IMAX screen. I don't care anymore how it compares to Michael Bay. Justin Lin is where it's at now.

Edited by Jay Beezy

I really wanted to enjoy it as a fan of the series but i just couldnt. I think I would've enjoyed it more as a rental. The action sequences especially those involving the helicopters were incredible but the car chase through Moscow was poorly shot. All the zooms and pans. That twist at the end was a nice surprise but overall thr villains were weak. 6/10And if they choose to make a sequel please pick a different director!

I just got back from seeing this and while it is not good, it was ok for what it was. I was mostly entertained during the while thing, but barely.It was bland to me with a few decent shots here and there.Overall I will give it a C

Against my better judgement, I took an extended break and caught a showing on Thursday.. So so FREAKING Horribad. I knew it was going to suck, but I didn't expect Bruce to COMPLETELY phone it in. The pinnacle of not giving a shits  acting. It felt like he only agreed to this movie if they could shoot it in a month, and he only had to learn three lines: "I'm your father!"; "I'm on vacation!"; and "Jesus!"

Even if you can get past the dialog, story, horrid acting, magical anti-radiation spray, and force-fed "emotions", the quality of the production is garbage. Shaky cams, frenetic editing, zoomed-in action scenes, the absolute worst audio I've ever heard from a major release. 

Say what you want about Die Hard 4, but at least everyone $#@!ing tried! Pretty damn hard, even. No one gave a fuck about this one, and they don't let you forget that fact for more than a minute.

This movie was a complete ABOMINATION not only to Action movies, but to the Die Hard franchise, and to Bruce Willis. What the fuck was he thinking? There is nothing redeeming about this movie.

It gets an F

• Like 2

Is it true that the woman who's taking off her clothes in the trailer isn't actually in the movie? That's one of the most cynical marketing maneuvers I've ever heard of.

She has a major role, but yeah the scene where she is unzipping the suit is VERY short. Pretty sure it's shorter than it was in every clip.
  • Like 1

Now.. I don't mind bad movies. No, not at all. There are plenty of bad movies that are very enjoyable and entertaining. Just being bad doesn't make me hate your movie. Being insulting or boring do. These are the two things. And wouldn't you know it, Die Hard 5 is fucking both. Its a movie that doesn't deserve to be talked about, it doesn't deserve attention from anyone, so I'll be brief. 

How is it boring? Well, first of all John McClane is Superman. He can bash through windows, steel bars, walls and he'll get a little dust on him, or in an extreme case maybe a splash of blood on his forehead. He can run through vast rooms with huge fucking helicopters shooting straight at him, and not one bullet hits him. This is common in action movies, but its taken to a new level of retardation in Die Hard 5. We've come pretty far from the lone cop with bloody feet who reluctantly fought germans on christmas eve 1988. Thats what made the first Die Hard so remarkable: having a hero who would bleed, and who was in real danger. The John McClane we see in this movie we dont care for, because there's zero chance of anything happening to him. 

A new character, his son, is brought in and he's just your average gruff "This is serious business" type of action guy with your average "Boo hoo my dad wasn't there" issues. Fortunately father and son McClane manage to find a connection.. by killing dozens of people and wrecking million dollars worth property. Ah, whats nicer than a family brought together by mindless violence?

How is it insulting? Die Hard 5 is a movie done with minimun effort. No thought or creativity has been put in this anus of a motion picture. Its as if someone took your paint-by-numbers direct to video action movie treatment (not even a script), wiped their ass with it and scribbled "DUH HERD 5" on it with crayons. It doesn't have a villain. Well, okay it does, fucking 13 of them. That just sucks, a movie like this needs a strong, memorable villain instead of a goddamn Robert Altman cast of boring, dumb bad guys that are so forgettable that I dont even remember what they looked like anymore. This is just another sign that there was no script for this movie. Its insulting that anyone would think this thing should be shown to other people. Its insulting that someone thought this would be entertaining for anyone. Its insulting that no matter how fucking awful this piece of putrid fucking shit is, it will still gross more than Scott Pilgrim vs. The World or any movie with any effort put into them, and that right now a bunch of executives are buying themselves a new Bentley with the money this movie has made them. Fuck them, fuck Bruce Willis, fuck 20th Century Fox, and fuuuuuuck thiiiiiis mooooooovie!

1/5

Well, jokes on you for going in expecting a great, smart movie. The trailer basically gave away the movie was going to be bad, yet you still went in expecting a masterpiece :unsure:

And this movie is earning more than Scott Pilgrim because Pilgrim is a pile of shit that nobody other than a few internet geeks give 2 shits about. Atleast we can laugh at the ridiculousness of this movie. Scott Pilgrim is so damn depressingly shit, half way through I felt like I was accumulating spots whilst growing a pair of nerd glasses.

Edited by Jessie
  • Like 1