Impact

Best Actor-2013

You guys have too much faith in 12 Years A Slave. AMPAS doesn`t give a shit about some Irish slave. Plus this is by Steve McQueen who never had a movie in wide release. All his stuff dies in limited. This will pick up bucketload of British and European awards nominations and die.

• Like 1

Tom Hanks for Captain Phillips or Tom Hanks for Saving Mr. Banks?

I think we got a Leo 2006 scenario on our hands.

Didn't have Hanks since I read Emma Thompson was lead in Banks so he could slide in supporting.  Will have to wait for more info before climbing aboard. 

Didn't have Hanks since I read Emma Thompson was lead in Banks so he could slide in supporting.  Will have to wait for more info before climbing aboard. 

I thought it was the other way around? :unsure: 

Having read the script I'd say Thompson is a clear lead and Tom Hanks is a "could go either way" they'll probably push lead because he's Tom Hanks playing Walt Disney but if the competition gets too tough they could definitely push him down.

• Like 1

I've been told it's on TWBB level of amazingness. Obviously one has to take that with a huge grain of salt but I think it could do very, very well.

Nope. It isn`t an American story which is what TWBB was. AMPAS won`t give a shit especially since slavery movies, such as Lincoln and DU, were already nominated and awarded in some major categories this year.

I could see that happening. Stiller's known more as a comedic actor though, that might hamper his chances a bit. Comedic Actors who turn to Drama do better when that turn is a supporting role rather than leading.