Impact

Best Actress-2013

??

I can't stand her at all. I've only ever liked her in AK. And I hate her. She's an awful actress, looks awful, and that dress that she wore for Song's premier was a travesty. It looked like she ripped a full page spread out of Vogue and wrapped it around herself. She must be getting desperately poor these days. Absolutely disgraceful and awful. 

I can't stand her at all. I've only ever liked her in AK. And I hate her. She's an awful actress, looks awful, and that dress that she wore for Song's premier was a travesty. It looked like she ripped a full page spread out of Vogue and wrapped it around herself. She must be getting desperately poor these days. Absolutely disgraceful and awful. 

Really, you're using the word hate when describing an innocent person you don't even know? And sure, there's no accounting for taste, but where do you get off calling her awful looking? Get off your high horse man, or do you actually look like the dude on your avatar? And who gives a f**k about what dress she wears? That's TMZ shit. So please, grow up!

• Like 4

Have to agree with Stingray. I mean, you're a cool guy and everything, but your ego...

I'd say Dench is up there with them, with about an equal (if not better) chance to win.

Absolutely. She has by far the strongest Narrative. I mean Bullock has no narrative really; she'll only win if Gravity becomes a juggernaut. Cate's movie came out too early and she won't be the critics Darling (excharpolous) and she doesn't have quite the narrative that Dench does. I mean, 80 years old, blinding, winding down a career is a narrative that most actresses can only dream of. 

Have to agree with Stingray. I mean, you're a cool guy and everything, but your ego...

My ego is just like the Futurist. We both tone up our antics for the board. You guys should know that by now. I'm not quite as Meryl Obsessed in my life. 

LOL at anyone claiming Blanchett is not the huge frontrunner right now.

Obviously her buzz is out in front right now, but (at least IMO) the point of Oscar watching isn't calling who's in front right now because that's very easy to do, most of the time. It's looking into the future, understanding the landscape, and then predicting who will come out on top on Oscar night that is the hard part. Blanchett is decently ahead of Bullock and Dench, but that doesn't mean she'll stay that way. And predicting is about predicting those changes as the season plays out. (Though I know a few people on ADF would disagree)

So no newcomer from TIFF ?

Only Adèle is a far & remote possibility for the ingénue spot ?

Having only past winners and nominees is kinda boring.

Pretty much. I mean Bejo might get the "ingenue" spot, but that's only got slightly better chances than adele

Dame's chances  look better & better :wub:

cant wait to see Philomena

Either her or Cate as the winner absolutely will please me

Really, you're using the word hate when describing an innocent person you don't even know? And sure, there's no accounting for taste, but where do you get off calling her awful looking? Get off your high horse man, or do you actually look like the dude on your avatar? And who gives a f**k about what dress she wears? That's TMZ shit. So please, grow up!

well I dont care abt online hate much but there are 'professional' journos who think its acceptable   :rolleyes:

like that one

http://www.standard.co.uk/goingout/film/can-a-song-save-your-life--film-review-8804650.html :puke:

The film is said to be pushed to end of summer 2014 & imo she has a chance at Globe if not an Oscar

Edited by Leyla

Dame's chances  look better & better :wub:

cant wait to see Philomena

Either her or Cate as the winner absolutely will please me

La Dench has got this. She is gonna win by miles in the end. Blanshitto's buzz has been so high for so long, I just can't see how SPC can sustain it all the way until Oscar Tuesday. SPC and Barker are very good, but they are still only second best and far from Weinstein. (Though I doubt Weinstein could do it either.) Just imagine what Weinstein could've done with Amour. Just think about it. Academy Award Winner Michael Haneke is Screenplay and Academy Award Winner Emmanuelle Riva and Academy Award Nominee Jean-Louis Trintignant and god knows what else. :(

• Like 1