Impact

Best Actress-2013

Amy Adams will snatch all of their wigs in the final sprint.

Or not.

Lois/Katniss catfight over The Dark Knight is already the set piece/action scene of the year

Did I miss something?

And is Adams even lead? I think I read somewhere that both AH and Her are supporting. 

Did I miss something?

And is Adams even lead? I think I read somewhere that both AH and Her are supporting. 

Well, Amy & Jlaw's characters are fighting over Christian Bale's character affection, Jlaw being the wife and Amy being the temptress lover.

So catfight there will be, we even saw papz pictures of it.

As for Amy category placement, lead is a real possibity, she narrates the movie .

But she could could go supporting, best actress is stacked with prestigious previous nominees and winners and American Hustle feels very ensemble so ...

Well, Amy & Jlaw's characters are fighting over Christian Bale's character affection, Jlaw being the wife and Amy being the temptress lover.

So catfight there will be, we even saw papz pictures of it.

Oh god, that will be glorious. :rofl:

• Like 1

Just imagine what Weinstein could've done with Amour. Just think about it. Academy Award Winner Michael Haneke is Screenplay and Academy Award Winner Emmanuelle Riva 

Would he really go out of his way to make that happen considering Django and SLP were both also his movies, and they had better chances all along anyway?

I'm thinking Dench, Blanchett, Streep, Bullock and Thompson/Kidman/Adams/Bejo (probably Thompson, for now) in the 5th slot. With Dench winning.

I think Winslet is dead in the water if some of the reviews I've read for Labor Day are any indication. The field is too strong even for a good performance in a mediocre movie to get in.

Would he really go out of his way to make that happen considering Django and SLP were both also his movies, and they had better chances all along anyway?

Well hypothetically in any normal year e would've gotten them wins. Last year was a big Weinstein year though. Made a lot of moolah.

Pole position (already praised)

Blanchett

Dench

Second line (good buzz, but...)

Streep (film prebuzz not very good)

Bullock (genre, film quality overshadowing her)

Fighting for room

Thompson

Adams

Winslet

Kidman

And any of the indie actresses (Gerwig, Delpy, Larson...)

Ladies : note to your PR teams and agents :

Just say no to films and scripts involving real life princesses.

Nicole : OUT of the race this year after that Diana disaster.

Grace of Monaco got moved? Oh, poor Kidmaniacs. I don't think movies about Grace or Diana are bad ideas, just that they need to have very strong scripts and good casting and sometimes stars need to admit they're just not right for a part. Maybe Nicomi can console each other about their dashed 2013 Oscar dreams.

Problem with Diana was that she was very, very well-known and very, very few actors can pull off roles like this. Elba won't get nominated either. Problem with Grace of Monaco is that AMPAS members and viewers in general don't really care about Hollywood royalty so Grace was DOA.

Edited by TLK

Jesus, Diana has 3% on RT after 29 reviews. Like, I didn't think reviews were gonna be good but I didn't think they were gonna be THAT bad.

It is mainly british reviews though.

You just don't touch to Diana, that is still a tough subject for brits.

Don't think american ones will be that bad.