riczhang

85th Academy Awards Ceremony Thread SADNESS

Nope but people think how a person winning an oscar should act. I dont get the hate either.

You mean what she said on the stage after winning the award? I hardly remember anything, so I might just seach it on youtube and find out what exactly is so annoying about her speech.

Makes me think of this tweet:@rickygervais: FORUM. noun.. Safe place where 12 people who have never made a film or really done anything can tell Martin Scorsese where he's going wrong.

Yeah the most debilitating argument: You've never made a movie, you can't criticize so shut up.

So I'm a not a cook chef thus I can't say a meal tastes real bad and that he fucked it up?

If people can go in drove to the movies to make those people super rich and to watch them rub each other in those fancy awards for 3 hours long, we only got to kiss their asses and bow down like minions praising how beautiful, fabulous and exceptional human beings they are even if they're just entertainers? People got the right to criticize if they want. People make judgement calls about everything and everyone all the time even the tiniest minor stuff, sad but true but why entertainers got to be spared? They claim love from audience, they become famous thanks to audience (and good PR that rub their faces on us daily) so sometimes some people rub other people wrong by how they act in public spot. Period. No one is saying that "He/She's a hack or a fraud". She's not the first and she will not be the last. Julia Roberts was hated well before, she's doing fine. Step off your high horse.

I'm sure the amount of cash they make daily can grow you a thicker skin and heal the pain of being criticized by Joe Nobody on a Movie forum. Otherwise, I suggest you to forget to have an Hollywood career and become a Twitter whore.

Oscars are a high school popularity contest more or less, it's Hollywood High. Deal with it.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

So because someone is rich and famous it's ok to attack/hate them?

Just like any other person, film makers/actors etc. deserve respect for what they do. Tasteful, well thought out and properly directed criticism is a GOOD thing. Mindless insults and derision are not.

• Like 4

When did I insult Anne Hathaway?

People get attacked and insulted even when they're not rich and famous. Where are you to defend them?

Movie stars don't need zealous defense against Internet rant on IMDB boards (sic), they already got expensive lawyers to do the job. Cheers.

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

When did I insult Anne Hathaway?

People get attacked and insulted even when they're not rich and famous. Where are you to defend them?

Movie stars don't need zealous defense against Internet rant on IMDB boards (sic), they already got expensive lawyers to do the job. Cheers.

I was speaking generally about your (and others) comments, not about Anne Hathaway in particular.

It's not about needing to defend people, ultimately people can say what they want through their chosen medium, that's one of the great things about freedom of speech. I have never, and will never, go around looking for people to defend. :P

I'm just saying that it isn't too much to ask that we all treat each other with a basic level of respect. Whether we are talking about actors, board members or any other random person you might be able to think of.

I get the feeling that some people have this attitude like, "well that person is a celebratory so they have it coming. If they don't like it well they can just go and get comfort from their vault full of money".

Edited by rahvinn87

It works pretty well for Phoenix, doesn't it?

He will never win though. He gives great perforamnces and they will nominated him ever now and then. If you give pretty good perforance and are like " I love Hollywood and the Oscars are such important award since they value art. Celebrities make sure a difference in the world. I hire people to do charity work and show up for a photo." this person will get nominated.

I'm a big fan of Anne Hathaway as an actress. I truly believe she is one of the most talented actresses of her generation, and she is absolutely gorgeous (her face is perfection). Her performance was amazing and she deserved that Oscar. The blockbusters last year were well-acted, but she was the best. She completely immersed herself as Selina Kyle. 

I've always found her lame, though. She's sweet and can occasionally be cute, but her laugh is grating and she often thinks she's funny when she's not. But those are minor qualms about her. At the end of the day, her talent is undeniable and she is dedicated to her craft. I respect her. 

• Like 2

Anne Hathaway Threw "a Fit" Over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar Dress During Rehearsal 

"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.But the drama didn't end there -- spilling into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the Les Mis tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."

Anne Hathaway Threw "a Fit" Over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar Dress During Rehearsal "Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.But the drama didn't end there -- spilling into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the Les Mis tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience." http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-style/news/anne-hathaway-threw-a-fit-over-amanda-seyfrieds-oscar-dress-during-rehearsal-201313

Rich people. AmIright?

All those burthutt reactions (Jamie Lee Curtis, I really thought she was more astute than that) really helped to paint MacFarlane as a clever feminist satirist when obviously that toilet joke was to pinpoint how most Oscars actresses had to bare naked or display their body parts to sex up the part to be considered Best Actress award worthy when most men don't have to show their junk to win awards. (Or Patrick Wilson and Michael Fassbender would win Oscars for best actor each year).

MacFarlane was brought exactly for that, roasting but those exact same women don't mind when he kisses their asses to express how beautiful all those dolled-up actresses in expensive haute couture dresses and jewelry (spending many hours and money to be easy on the eye) are. Is that not objectifying women to be refer as by her physical appearance as the only adjective they can be qualified?(I'm not even talking of dozen of articles and polls about who wore the best dress, exposed the best bod and sexy figure on red carpet, the more glamourous and fashionable, the most ugly...)

No, they will never be infuriating about being told they're so sexy, glamourous and beautiful by a so-called macho pig like MacFarlane. Oh, hypocrisy...

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 1

Anne Hathaway Threw "a Fit" Over Amanda Seyfried's Oscar Dress During Rehearsal 

"Anne was like 'WTF?!'" the source reports. "She started throwing a fit!" The 30-year-old Best Supporting Actress victor, however, "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." Still, Seyfried, 27, was ruffled by Hathaway's tirade. "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left" the rehearsal, the source notes.But the drama didn't end there -- spilling into Oscars Sunday, as Hathaway fretted over the switch-up with her glam squad at home. "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle," a second insider tells Us. The star also "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for the Les Mis tribute at the Oscars. It was a painfully long experience."

These designer gowns are as big of a deal as awards themselves. These designers custom design these dresses for these actresses.   When a designer sends you a dress to wear you're supposed to wear it. Valentino created a dress just for Anne to wear that night. So she freaked out (diva moment) when Amanda's dress was similar to hers. She then made the decision not to wear the Valentino gown and they called her out on it the next day. She then made an apology.  Similar situation with Kerry Washington. She was supposed to wear a gown from Weinstein's wife's design house. But she didn't. Press was making a big deal out of that. These Oscar gowns are some serious business, lol.