Brave should at least open with 45m

These reviews suck I want to Brave to be a classic. I really like the premise of this film.

If you really like the film, you could considered it a classic.

• Founder / Operator

If you really like the film, you could considered it a classic.

Agreed. Critics should never determine one's personal opinion of a movie upon seeing it for yourself. I'm looking forward to Brave no matter what the critics say beforehand.

I am afraid Merida will be perceived as the annoying sister always quarelling with mom and boys wil not be able to relate to her. The conflict between her and her mother will turn ugly later. All those funny clansmen characters that got so much limelight in the trailers will be abandoned later. The plot is dark for a Pixar movie, but they play that safe so that even a 6yo won't get scared too much. There is no interesting antagonist to fight against.

I take it you haven't seen the film. As what you putting forward as bad for Brave (ugly conflict, disappearing clansman) doesn't actually happen. The plot is definitely not darken then in TS3, though compared to the others it is rather dark.

And there is an antagonist, though its not featured too much. Its more a story about a mother/daughter, which is why this is going to be a female driven BO run. But its not too feminine that males (such as myself) can't get into it.

With the way the last few weeks have gone, I'd sign up for $60m ow right now. I'm hoping for mid (to high) 60s, but things have not gone well recently. My first thought is that if MAD3 could open to $60m, Brave definitely should, but MAD3 was the first animated/kids movie in months, so that's a huge advantage.

If I do like it, I do not want to be the forgotten Pixar.

Hey it happens one one of my favorite animated films is the adventures of Ichabod and Mr Toad. Definitely a forgotten classic

Could someone explain to me why is it that so-called male-driven stories have no problem attracting female moviegoers, but stories that are perceived to be female-skewing are so hard for guys to get into? Why is it that I have nor problem with paying for an action film, a romance or a drama in which the protagonist and/or the pov is male, but a lot of guys always find excuses to not watch those films if they starred a woman? Is it sexism? Fear of being labelled a "sissy"? Social constructs? Habit? I wonder if HP had been the same big hit had it been about Harriet Potter? Would Finding Nemo had become a blockbuster if it had been about a mommy fish looking for her fish daughter?

Edited by cochofles

Could someone explain to me why is it that so-called male-driven stories have no problem attracting female moviegoers, but stories that are perceived to be female-skewing are so hard for guys to get into? Why is it that I have nor problem with paying for an action film, a romance or a drama in which the protagonist and/or the pov is male, but a lot of guys always find excuses to not watch those films if they starred a woman? Is it sexism? Fear of being labelled a "sissy"? Social constructs? Habit?

It is just hard for males to relate to a female lead character. Not really fair, but that is just the way it is.

It doesn't have to be "the way it is". If pop culture starts challenging it, it's possible that social constructs can change.

Heck, with the Brony phenomenon gaining traction, it may already be doing so.

Edited by tribefan695